Upcycled Whimsical Winter Birds

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Welcome to our first Creative Craft blog hop of 2024! As you've probably noticed, we've switched from Thursdays to Tuesdays. Today I'm sharing a simple winter decor upcycle that once again proves the power of a little paint

whimsical winter birds decor

Thank you to Sara from Birdz of a Feather for hosting us and if you hopped over after visiting Gail at Purple Hues and Me, welcome! Wasn't her soap dish project lovely? When my mom sent me this pair of cute little birds, I wanted to brighten up their hats to take them from Christmassy to wintry...


...so I pulled out several paints I  had on hand. Maybe you also have a project that you'd like to personalize with different colors or you want to elevate decor that's tucked in a cabinet.

whimsical winter birds upcycle

As you can see below, all I did for this project was paint the portions of the hats that I preferred to change. Painting tape is optional depending on your project. You'll notice that I didn't need it this time due to the grooves in the hat design which made the stripes easier to paint. TIP: Don't be afraid to customize your paint by blending colors--I added white to the green for a lighter shade.

Whimsical winter bird decor

My Thrift Store Addiction


whimsical winter birds

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Next on the hop is Allyson from Southern Sunflowers--you're going to love her pretty heart makeover--then you can visit the rest of today's featured bloggers below:


Repurpose an Enamel Pot Lid into a Towel Holder

DIY Dollar Tree Sign Makeover

How To Make A Non-Christmas DIY Evergreen Winter Wreath

Handcrafted Marbled Heart Shape Dish

Upcycled Whimsical Winter Birds

DIY Thrift Store Wood Heart Makeover

Geometric Wall Art

Wine Cork Heart

Easy Chunky Yarn Heart Wreath

How to Make Valentine Pillows with Pom-Poms

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. You had me at birds Cecilia! These are so sweet and I love the winter update; you picked the perfect colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the updated colors on your winter birds, Cecilia. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of your winter birds, Cecilia! When I looked at the after pic, your little birds seemed quite happy that they have new hats, lol! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taking a little paint to refresh an older item. Love how your little birdies look now. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, the magic of paint! Great job Cecelia, they look adorable!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge bird lover so I'm loving your sweet winter birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your new colors will team so much better with your color scheme. I have an appreciation for Jadeite green now that I didn't have before finding your blog! I love bird-themed anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so adorable. The new colors are so much better for winter decor and less like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a simple, but creative way to update any accessory for winter decor. Great idea, Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your fresh paint update! XO Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a quick and adorable little upcycled project. I love the colors you've picked for the birds hats!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!