Upcycled Vintage Valentine Gifts


Hi there, Friends! What's the weather like in your part of the world? I know winter storms are affecting many of you. I hope you're staying snug and warm. Here, it's been more wet than cold--perfect for staying indoors and recreating something new, from something old! 


Handmade vintage valentine gifts



Remember the vintage quilt pieces I scored at a yard sale?  You may recall, I already used some of them to create repurposed Christmas ornaments. I really enjoy using my vintage finds to create handmade gifts. 


Upcycled vintage quilt gifts


Every year, I have good intentions of making Valentine gifts for my Etsy shops, but by the time everything is put away from Christmas, it seems like the time gets away from me. Does this happen to anyone else? When I first bought the quilt scraps, I thought they would make charming heart sachets. I was determined this year would be different and I actually made them.  Available


Vintage quilt lavender sachet heart



Most of the scraps were on the small side, so it took some time to piece them together in a way that would display the prettiest patterns. I filled them with lavender and my whole house smells heavenly!  Available


Vintage quilt heart lavender sachet


With the smaller leftover scraps, I also upcycled some wooden hearts I found at the thrift store. I added quilted hearts and embellishments to the fronts.  Available


upcycled vintage quilt and wood message hearts



Love you more: Available


Upcycled vintage quilt valentine



Arrow and heart: Available


Upcycled vintage quilt valentines



The back can be personalized with a special message for your Valentine ;) 


upcycled vintage quilt message valentine



Last but not least, I created more lavender sachets from a stained vintage tablecloth. Crafting is an excellent way to upcycle damaged cherished linens.  Available


vintage tablecloth lavender sachet



Pin it! My Thrift Store Addiction



Handmade vintage Valentine gifts



I'll leave you with a few more handmade and/or vintage Valentine gifts...


Handmade vintage valentine gifts

Vintage Tole Painted Heart Box  Find it here!



Etsy Secret Garden Herbs

Organic Herb Filled Glass Heart Find it here!




Vintage valentine gift

Vintage Hallmark Love Bear Miniatures Pair Find them here!



My Thrift Store Addiction signature




MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:





Country Mouse City Spouse Monday Mish Mash Link Party #53




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love the hearts made from quilts. I have one I found at a craft fair years ago. I think one filled with Lavender would be a special treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilted heart sachets and the sweet little bears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet those are! I do like giving damaged items new life as vintage pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love creative upcycles...and these are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! I can make some cute pins out of scrap materials!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilted valentines & the way you have embellished them. Also love the way you've used the stained tablecloth too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative and pretty! Love them! Great way to use all those damaged quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilted heart sachets. I bet your home does smell heavenly! I always miss Valentines as well. Sneaks up on me!
    Hope you have a good week.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so cute, now where is my old quilt pieces???? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those hearts are fantastic! I love the interesting ways you pieced the fabric together. It gives them a completely unique feel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These hearts are soooo cute! I love them all, but the one with the arrow is my favorite! Such a great Valentine's gift! Thanks for sharing at the Valentine's Link Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty ideas, I hate the thought of beautiful things being wasted so your way of using even tiny scraps of quilt are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing treasures! Thanks for sharing on the Pleasures of the NW's DIY party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What perfect little treasures! I hope to one day have the creativity and patience to do projects like this. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet! I love that these precious gifts are made from upcycled and thrifted materials. Thanks for sharing at the #ThisIsHowWeRoll LInk Party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt hearts reminded me how my mom always had a little basket on the table for Valentines that contained a little stuffed heart for each family member, a different fabric on each. Love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very sweet and pretty way to use an old worn out quilt :)
    You are so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love hearts cut from vintage quilts. Very pretty Cecilia! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are darling!!! Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are really pretty Cecilia. They have an old world charm to them that makes them perfect as Valentine's Day ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How sweet! Even tiny scraps can make beautiful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so cute and perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!