Friday's Find #180


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Coming across something I haven't seen before is one of the best perks of thrifting. I am smitten with this set of Asian ladies and the intricate details of their kimonos. Have you ever seen anything like them? The delicate faces appear to be hand painted and the silky fabric gives them a three dimensional quality, but the backing is tagboard. The red cords would suggest they may have been intended as ornaments, but I think they would be so lovely in a framed display. Available


mixed media kimono ladies


This charming little tassel angel is pretty enough to display year round! Available


Shop My Thrift Store Addiction



I love the sweet embroidery on this handmade apron. I am still pondering how I might use it. 


Handmade embroidered apron



How gorgeous is this crocheted runner? It's a keeper, for sure! 


Handmade lace runner



That's all folks--until next time, happy hunting! 


My Thrift Store Addiction signature



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST: 



Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Feature Button




party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. Those Asian ladies are unique for sure. I love the idea of them framed. I notice that you do what I do after thrifting....keep at least one treasure for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the runner! Looking forward to seeing how you will use the apron too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that sweet little apron is precious! Love the white angel too. The set of Asian ladies is quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Asian ladies are unique; I've never seen anything like them. The apron is charming - will it fit Your dress form? Great finds Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my Goodness...I think I have tea towels that match the embroidery on the apron. I will have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The apron and runner are fabulous! I would have swiped them up, too! I have a similar angel ornament, so cute. xo Kathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen anything like those Asian ladies. They're quite fabulous! Love the apron too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ladies, the apron and that runner! Great finds. Nothing here as all of Oregon (well, almost) is trapped by snow and ice. Not the time to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, 25-30 years ago, I had some ornaments almost exactly like those Asian ladies! I had ordered them from a catalog (can't remember which company) and hung them on our Christmas tree for a few years. I agree they would look great framed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun finds Cecilia ... love the apron and crocheted piece. That will look pretty on your table. The Asian ladies are so very unusual.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That apron is just darling; you might consider framing it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My grandpa was in advertising, and in the 70's he had a TON of those Asian ladies. We had some of them mounted on stuff paper and hung in our hallway as decor for many years. I don't know why he had them but they must have been part of some advertising campaign. He lived and worked in Baltimore at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the blue bird on the apron
    I use to embroidery when I was in my 20's a life time ago

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun collection! I could definitely see that runner in several different tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful finds this week! The Asian ladies are beautiful and I agree they would be beautiful framed. That apron stole my heart with all the lovely embroidery especially the bird. Thank you for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party! I am featuring your finds today at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the apron!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!