A Shabby Chic Birthday Celebration


Hi there, Friends! I'm always happy to find an occasion to celebrate friendship and recently my friend, Carly celebrated a milestone, her 30th birthday. I'd planned to treat my sweet friend to dinner once she'd finished celebrations with her hubby and family. We originally intended to go out for dinner, but wild women that we are, agreed we'd rather have a quiet celebration at my house. I happen to agree with the famous quote from The Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy said, "There's no place like home." 


Shabby Chic birthday celebration


Like the mantel earlier this week, my dining room table was bare and I wanted to set a pretty table for the occasion. I don't typically use tablecloths on the dining table, but I'd been wanting to use this lovely vintage crocheted piece I'd scored at a yard sale. It was a perfect fit and instantly cozy. 

vintage crocheted tablecloth


Another yard sale find that I've had for sometime and wanted to use, was this part from a vintage chandelier. I placed it on one of my thrifted silver trays, then added some dried roses, vintage clip on earrings and flameless candles. I hadn't planned a theme, but it definitely had a shabby chic vibe, so I went with it and also scattered vintage postcards and sheet music around it. 


repurposed vintage chandelier centerpiece


Speaking of chandeliers, what would a celebration be without me playing dress up with mine? The pearls, bottles, and mini chandy from the holiday version stayed but I added more vintage bling, dried rose petals and silk flowers to the bottles plus a floating 30 crafted from vintage sheet music.  


dressed up chandelier


Next, a place of honor for the Birthday Girl!  Carly's favorite color is aqua, so I combined two different patterns from my thrifted collection, Golden Crown and Danube

shabby chic birthday place setting



As it turned out, between my cedar allergy symptoms and Carly slamming her thumb in the car door the day of our celebration, we were relieved to be celebrating at home and partying in our pjs!  For dinner I made caprese salad, herbed pizza, and salted caramel custard. {Click on the links above for each recipe!} 


upcycled vintage frame chalkboard



Remember these from Friday's Find? {There's a larger view on the pinnable graphic.}


upcycled chalkboard sign




Pin it! My Thrift Store Addiction


shabby chic celebration


I hope you'll drop by tomorrow--we'll be announcing The Vintage Charm Feature of the Year! 

My Thrift Store Addiction Signature



party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. You are such a good friend! I know Carly appreciates all you do. The tablescape is definitely special and just beautiful. Love the blocks with the personalized message. A very happy birthday to Carly!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute! Hope her thumb is OK. Delightful tablescape, love the vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet celebration! Carly must have felt like a Queen! Your decorations are perfect. I love the at home parties the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely setting for a birthday dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's lucky to have such a good friend as you, Cecilia! Sounds like a lovely get-together. The table is beautiful!

    xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made everything so special by having the celebration at your home and setting such a pretty table. I just happen to have a Pinterest board for Girlfriend Parties. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all of your special touches, Carly must have felt very special, Cecelia! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Carly ... what a special birthday party that Cecilia has prepared for you. Have fun. Everything looks so pretty ... love that lovely tablecloth which just sets the perfect mood. Hope both of you are feeling better soon. I am anxious for this cold weather to go away.
    Happy new year.
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet shabby chic celebration! Everything is just beautiful...love that crocheted table cloth! Carly is very fortunate to have such a thoughtful friend as you Cecilia :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your friend! Your china is gorgeous. It almost makes me wish we had some china of our own (almost). And I'm drooling at the thought of salted caramel custard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your friend must have felt so special and loved! Loved the aqua place setting, too. Thanks so much for linking up with Let's Talk Vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful birthday celebration!! Love the stunning tablecloth!! Thanks so much for sharing and thanks once again for taking the time to stop by and visit!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carly is so lucky to have a thoughtful friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly know how to set a beautiful table Cecilia. I'm sure Carly loved it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who wouldn't be thrilled to sit at a lovely shabby chic table like that? I know I would! Love that tablecloth!!! And like how you've used the chandelier part with the tray and paper ephemera. That's right up my alley. And it looks like the birthday girl got to eat on a special plate too. How fun!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!