Friday's Find: Fire-King Vintage Cornflower


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! It's my favorite day to thrift because it is first day pickings for yard and estate sales. Going early is really the best way to score the goodies. In my area, most yard sales begin at 8:00, estate sales at 9:00, then thrift stores open at 10:00.  Perfect pacing for the marathon thrifter and what a great way to kick off the weekend! 


Vintage Fire-King Cornflower


Today I found this set of vintage Fire-King casserole dishes in the Cornflower pattern, from the 50s--not to be confused with the Corning pattern of the same name from the 70s.  You can see the difference in the shape of the flowers. Also, besides the Fire-King marking on the bottom, the dish is made of milk glass which I prefer over the later Corning design. 



More vintage Fire-King:



Vintage Fire-King Dots





Vintage Fire-King Tom & Jerry





Until next time, happy hunting!
My Thrift Store Addiction




Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!