Vintage Egg Baskets: Friday's Find #233


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! With our nasty icy weather this week, I didn't get out much but I do have a few vintage egg baskets to share--a "new" find plus a couple of previously found treasures for inspiration... 


thrifted vintage egg baskets


First, let's take a look back at this vintage egg basket I repurposed as a hanging planter, several years ago. It's still hanging in my garden and will be replanted come spring! 


repurposed vintage egg basket planter



Another previous find, I picked up this chicken egg basket at a yard sale. 


thrifted vintage egg baskets


When I came across this beauty, it had all sorts of random twisties and safety pins attached to it and distracting from its perfection. I didn't get a before photo in my rush to free it but as you can see, it has the perfect farmhouse patina!  Here's a view of it closed... 


thrifted vintage egg baskets


...and how it looks with the handles open. The red vinyl on the handles is slightly worn, but that just adds to the charm. I was very tempted to keep it, but since I have the other two, it's AVAILABLE HERE.


thrifted vintage egg basket


After all, one of my goals this year is to sell more and keep less, but like I said...tempting!


thrifted vintage egg basket



My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage farmhouse egg basket




Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love your egg baskets...especially the chicken shaped one. This one is a good find - love those red handles!
    😊
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sure find it hard to part with some of those - that one that flares open is so pretty. Love the red handles but then I love anything that's vintage AND has red on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I have a vintage milk crate, I need to do something with it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you get to keep it till it sells! My fave is the aqa blue rooster; he looks so springy. Having stuff rotate through MY house would be a GOOD thing as I do hate to part with my treasures. Restore yielded a Westmoreland milk glass old quilt fooded candy dish with only a small chip on underside of the lid for 1.99 yesterday and another rose cake plate marked .99, down from 6.99! It's harder to have winter gloomies when surrounded by pretties, isn't it!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun treasures, Cecilia! Always hard to let go of some goodies...but at least we get first picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm chiming in...those are so pretty Cecilia! Love the color on the rooster basket too & those egg baskets are charming. Love them! I would be tempted to keep more too, but need to downsize more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm feeling like I need a collection now. Thx for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a pretty good collection of egg baskets myself that I always intend to use when gathering my chicken's eggs... but I always forget to grab one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your collection of egg baskets. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!