Friday's Find: Superheroes!


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! It's that time of year again--in a few weeks, there will be a host of superheroes and princesses wandering our streets! Did you know thrift stores are THE best place to find costumes? Whether you are dressing up yourself, hunting for pirate paraphernalia, or stocking a dress up chest, start by hunting yard sales and browsing thrift stores.  The Grand, who has been known to spontaneously don a Thor mask he got from his Auntie, is into superheroes in a big way, so much so that I have plans to make him a SH quilt for Christmas--but that 's another post....


Batman mask
Batman mask for Ginger Grand!

Batman, Spiderman, Captain America, Thor and Hulk, oh my!  When I came across this great mask and Spidey costume recently, I decided to put them away to accompany the quilt for Christmas.


Spiderman costume
Spidey suit complete with pseudo muscles!

Ginger Grand must have inherited my eagle eye for a bargain.  At a yard sale awhile back, I felt him tugging on my hand as he exclaimed, "Vader, Vader!"  Sure enough, he spotted this Starwars mask before I did!  He took the mask and two quarters I gave him and proudly paid for his first thrifty find, then proceeded to wear it the rest of the morning! Another generation continues the tradition :)



Darth Vader mask
Most lovable Vader e-v-e-r!


Have you used thrift finds for your children's costumes or even your own? Do tell!


My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!