Home is Where the Heart Is - Whimsical Valentine Tablescape

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Today I'm teaming up with my talented tablescape friends hosted by Rita at Panoply, and we're sharing our Valentine's Day table inspiration! So pull up a chair to my table and get cozy...

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

If you hopped over after visiting Lynne at Thrifting Wonderland, welcome! Weren't her Valentine tea ideas lovely? You may remember when I shared these gorgeous pink mercury glass trees and the charming houses I found marked down before Christmas. As I mentioned then, I make a point to shop seasonal clearance for decor that can be used more than one season. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

Remember the thrifted heart vase arrangements I shared a few weeks ago? Little did I know that those pre-holiday scores would be my last shopping excursions for awhile thanks to Omicron! 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

As I was setting my whimsical table with pastel trees and cozy light-up houses, inspiration struck and my Valentine's Day theme became Home is where the heart is--which has taken on a whole new meaning these last few years! I couldn't resist adding a tiny wooden heart to the concrete house. Look closely for the handmade toile hearts I scattered here and there, too. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

I paired the whimsical decor with vintage dishes from my collection. This Fire King pattern is called Primrose and it's one I  haven't featured in a tablescape  before. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

I mix and matched round and rectangular luncheon plates and used my favorite velvet ribbon to create luxe flatware bundles. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

The cream and sugar are also previously thrifted finds. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

The pretty floral Fire King pattern has always reminded me of Valentine's Day, and I love how the table came together. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

Did you notice my blooming winter bulbs in the background? Here's a closer peek at the velvet-ribbon tied flatware bundles. 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

Of course, I couldn't resist sweets for Valentine's Day! 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

Cupid agrees and makes his annual appearance guarding the sugar cookies! 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

TIP: Use inexpensive paper doilies to add nostalgic valentine vibes! Here's a birdseye view: 

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

My Thrift Store Addiction

whimsical Valentine's Day tablescape

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Next up is Sara from Hyacinths for the Soul--you're going to love her charming ideas! Check out the blogs below for more lovely Valentine's Day table inspiration! 

Life and Linda - Love is in the Air!
Me and My Captain - Be My Valentine
Home is Where the Boat Is - 'Owl' Be Your Valentine
Thrifting Wonderland - Valentine's Day Tea
Hyacinths for the Soul - Bee Mine, Valentine!
Belle Bleu Interiors - La vie en Rose
The Bookish Dilettante - Valentine Day Tradition
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Plant One on Me

Valentine Tablescape blog hop

Honored to be featured here:

Featured




Feature
My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia, this is so pretty! I am obviously drawn to the softer hues like you. And I love how we both used similar elements and have totally different takes on them! That Fire King Primrose is such an adorable pattern. That luncheon style plate with the placeholder for a punch cup takes me back to several of my older sisters' wedding showers in the 60s - sweet memories. ♥ I need some of that beautiful ribbon in my life. Thank you for joining in the hop and sharing your clever ways of styling with thrifted items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is Where the Heart Is is an adorable theme for a Valentine’s Day table Cecelia! I especially love the mini house with heart. The soft pinks from your mercury glass trees, glass heart bottle and bottle brush trees are perfect to pair with your Fire King pattern! As always it’s a treat to hop with you! Happy Tuesday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your pink trees! I hope to find some one day! Your Fireking dishes are so sweet and I especially like the rectangle ones with mugs! This is certainly a table that I would enjoy sitting at (and cookies are probably one of my favorite foods - lol). Have a Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Cecilia. Love the pink. From the bottle brush trees to you Fire King dishes. I love your heart shaped bottle full of roses. Always a pleasure to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cecilia, I love this! The soft pinks, bottle brush trees and little houses...all so pretty! I adore the cherub on your cookie plate and the way you tied the flatware in a velvet ribbon~ and of course your sweet vintage plates and pink mercury glass...yes, definitely, home is where the heart is!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. J'adore the pinks and reds on your table! I think the floral Fire King pattern looks so romantic: it's PERFECT for a Valentine's Day tablescape! I also like the pink table runner with the toile heart scattered about. Beautiful table, and nice textures, especially the ribbon napkin rings. Stunning!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    XO,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia, I love your heartwarming theme and sweet tablescape. A lovely styling that mixes in winter seasonal details. I always look forward to seeing your finds on display, and how your are able to creatively layer elements together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia, your birds eye view shows your table off at its best. The primrose pattern is pretty, and so very vintage, and the heart vase was a great find. It all works together with your soft pastel theme "home is where the heart is".
    Hugs,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cecilia, this table makes my heart sing. It is so beautiful! Those vintage plates are so sweet and all the pretty icy pink is perfect for Valentine's Day. The velvet ribbon tied around the flatware is such a lovely touch. We have been staying close to home as well. Our numbers are very high, and it seems that I am constantly hearing of friends and family who are sick. I'm grateful to have warm and comforting home. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead, and a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, I love the Fire King primrose pattern, it works so well for Valentine’s. The softer colors are so pretty on your table. The pink runner with the toile hearts is so perfect as is the velvet ribbon. The cookies look delicious…Sweet details and a charming table XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, I'm smitten with your lovely Fire King Primrose. It's so sweet and different! Like you, I add seasonal things that might work in other seasons or holidays, and I have some of the pink mercury glass trees and ornaments. I bought them with a niece in mind. She love pink!
    Love the way you used the velvet ribbon on the flatware. It's a romantic touch! Thanks for the inspiration. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia,
    This is such a pretty feminine tablescape. It really states romance. The pink mercury is really unique and so elegant! Great tablescape!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Pretty!!!!💗such a beautiful soft color pallet! I love the theme of Home is where the heart is! The details of the tied flatware and your adorable Cupid!! It all comes together for such a lovely setting!! Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!! Always a pleasure to hop with you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also love this color palette, so warm, soft, and pretty! The pretty pink glass and velvet ribbon is almost indicative of champagne! Perfection for Valentine's, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cecelia, the vintage look of this table appeals to my heart. Love all the soft colors and the combination of pink glass trees with the pure white is just lovely. Soft ribbons to bind your flatware and the lovely doilies are an inspired touch.
    Lynne, thrifting Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely and sweet valentine's table...you always have such great finds and incorporate them into a beautiful tablescape. I love the pinks, I am partial to pink, and you have given each element lots of thought. The houses are inviting and our homes are definitely where the heart is. Blessings my friend.
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cecilia, I love how you paired the charming pink glass vase and trees with the Fireking plates! I'm sure your guests would be pleased to share a sweet Valentine's Day with you. The lace edged napkins and velvet ribbons are lovely; the soft pink table runner is a pretty pastel pink. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cecilia, I feel that I am almost at a table setting which was meant for child's play. I instantly feel in love with your Fire King/Primrose plates and cream and sugar. Paired with your selection of pink trees and velvet ribbon and white lit houses, it is dainty and delicate and something a little girl would love to arrange to have tea. I feel like a little girl once again, especially when I see the sweet cupid guarding the lovely decorative sugar cookies. I just love your adorable finds and would enjoy this setting long after Valentine's Day. It is always a pleasure to hop with you. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those primrose plates!! Your table is so sweet and delicate. I love all the lovely touches from the toile hearts and pink trees. Wishing you a happy Valentine's Day. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty Cecelia! I love the pink mercury glass trees. The heart shaped vase is also a fun find! It looks perfect with the white roses! Your plate stack really caught my eye! You are so right, it definitely is right at home on a Valentine's table! I love the little romantic touches with the velvet ribbon around the flatware and the lace doilies beneath the plates! Always a pleasure to join you on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cecilia, your feminine Valentine's table really speaks to me with all of the pink hues and vintage goodness! The Fire King floral plates are fabulous and look so romantic against the paper doilies. I love that you used bottle brush trees and mini houses...you've shown that they're not just for Christmas decor. The cupid figurine guarding the plate of cookies is adorable! It's always fun to hop with you. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just stunning Cecilia! I'm in awe of how you can pull all this together so beautifully. Featuring when my link party opens tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's beautiful! I LOVE that milk glass pattern...I've seen it a few times at thrift stores but have never picked it up, not sure why! The creamer and sugar pieces are so stinking cute. I love how you blend everything together so seamlessly!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!