Thrifty and Beautiful Gift Wrapping Tips


Happy Monday, Friends! Do you have some last-minute wrapping left? Today I'm sharing a few of my thrifty tips to create beautifully wrapped gifts...

beautiful gift wrap


Shop the dollar store and thrift stores year round 


Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things! 
("My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music) 

beautiful gift wrap

You can find brown parcel paper at the dollar store. Instead of strings, I prefer pretty ribbon, which I shop for at thrift stores year round. 

beautiful gift wrap

Buy End of Season Clearance & Use Unexpected Trim


Seriously, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for wrapping paper. It's also the best time to find accessories for packages like the pretty bells featured in both pictures. At 90% off, the wrapping paper and bells were under a dollar! Also, get creative when it comes to trimming your gifts. Small pieces of greenery or fragrant dried oranges are lovely and inexpensive accents. Velvet ribbon adds a luxe texture

beautiful gift wrap

"Repurpose" Bargains as Wrapping Paper


Create your own unique wrapping paper by repurposing bargains finds...

beautiful gift wrap

...like these .50 tablecloths marked down after Thanksgiving! 


My Thrift Store Addiction pin

Thrifty & beautiful wrapping tips

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. I just love that pink velvet ribbon! I love the idea of the jingle bells--especially on kids' packages; you could tell if they are sneaking a peek! My kids admitted to doing that once--and then realized they had no surprises on Christmas morning and never did it again! I love the tablecloth idea--that is about the only thing I've never used to wrap gifts in. I love using dish towels--a trick of my mother's from 60+ years ago. So help me, I am gonna start wrapping in Oct. next year. I am SOO tired. Bake and wrap have become 4 letter words!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!