Fun and Festive Christmas Trees: Past and Present

Happy Saturday, Friends! There's nothing like the twinkling lights of a Christmas tree to put you in the Christmas spirit! Today I'm participating in the Festive and Fun Christmas Tree Hop hosted by Stacy at Bricks 'n Blooms. Join me as I take a look back at some of my favorites from the past to present, from nearly naked trees to nature and vintage-inspired and repurposed alternatives...

vintage Christmas tree inspiration

If you've stopped by after visiting Rachel from the Ponds Farmhouse, welcome! I have fallen in love with the look of almost bare or nearly naked trees. There is just something so sweet about them. 

vintage Christmas trees

Last year, I decorated with a combination of two three-feet trees, and a third four-foot tree, adorning them only in tiny lights and DIY mini pinecone garland.



I really enjoy their simplicity. 

vintage Christmas trees


vintage Christmas trees

One of my very favorite "trees" is a vintage dress form repurposed as a Nutcracker ballet-inspired Christmas tree alternative. In the original post, I shared more about the significance and sweet memories the classic Christmas ballet inspires. (Click here to read more.)  
 
vintage Christmas tree inspiration

If you missed my Christmas home tour earlier this week, I hope you'll take a moment to go back and visit. I was blown away by all of the beautiful Christmas decor shared by my talented friends!  

vintage Christmas trees

I know some of you share my sentiment for longing for an extra helping of Christmas cheer after this unprecedented year. Like many others, I began decorating early, taking my time with the tree. I started with natural accents: tiny pinecones and fragrant dried oranges.

vintage Christmas trees

Then I added my favorite velvet ribbon and ornaments from my vintage collection. 

vintage Christmas trees

I used a small mercury glass bird topper that's perfect for my slender tree. 

Christmas tree blog hop

Another go-to that I use year after year, are bottle brush trees. A few years ago, I created this simple vintage centerpiece.

vintage Christmas trees

I displayed an assortment of the pretty little trees in various vintage teacups, jadeite, and salt and peppers. Thanks for stopping by! Next on the hop is Jenn from Down Shiloh Road! (Enjoy touring the rest of the trees by scrolling down to the end of the post.)

vintage Christmas trees

My Thrift Store Addiction

vintage Christmas trees


Wait Until You See These Amazing Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas!










Christmas tree blog hop

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love the bottle brush trees in tea cups and that beautiful mannequin tree skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia,
    I love your romantic vintage style. So happy to send everyone your way today.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your trees are so pretty! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ballerina themed tree is my favorite. I say I am going to do one of these every year and you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vintage style Cecilia! The wall color with your trees is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all this tree inspo, Cecilia! I love those bottle brush trees, and the orange slices are so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing your beautiful trees, I want to get a flocked one! They're all so pretty and I love the soft colors. Wishing you a happy holiday season!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tree this year, Cecilia! The orange and pink are so soft and romantic on the green flocked tree! I also get very nostalgic with Nutcracker. My oldest daughter went from the smallest child's role as a candy cane to dancing the solo of Clara (proud mama moments!) in her years in the ballet, and the second daughter also danced from candy cane up through various demi-solos in the second act. One year, we were all on stage together, as Mr. P. & I danced a waltz as part of the adult party crowd in the first act. Ahh, the memories of Christmases past. We all really need to hold those memories tight, especially this year. Merry, merry to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia your trees are so inspiring and I just adore the one with inspired from the Nutcracker. Happy Holidays🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pink and that velvet ribbon is gorgeous! But your adorable ideas are the best! Gives me the vintage cozy feels. Love hopping with you. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, the ballerina tree is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Cecilia once again you have inspired me with you beautiful and creative Christmas decor! I am in love with and pinned, your trees in the tea cups and jadeite! So beautiful! I love all of your trees. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have the most beautiful style Cecilia. I always love your vintage and you certainly did not disappoint. Pinned and smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love this! The dress form tress is so amazing and the tree in the sewing stand! And I adore the bottle brush trees!!!!! ~ Kristin |White Arrows Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy seeing your holiday spreads; using vintage containers for the BBTs inspires me! I have 3 in the back of my Hobby Lobby red metal truck! I have so many tucked away! Never met a BBT I didn't like!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cecilia, all your trees have a magical feel to them. I love how you used the sewing basket to hold one tree and put another one in a tea cup. Happy Holidays, my creative friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty inspiration with vintage Christmas charm! Love those sweet bottlebrush vignettes!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!