15 Minute Vintage Christmas Centerpiece: Thrift Store Challenge


Happy Thursday, Friends! This week I'm joining a new group of blogger friends to participate in a thrift store challenge. Today I'll show you how to create a quick and easy vintage Christmas centerpiece by pairing thrift store finds with items already on hand. 


vintage Christmas centerpiece


So here's a peek at my vintage thrift store finds--milk glass, a floral tea cup, a Santa mug, mini salt and pepper shakers, a beaded star ornament, and Scrabble tiles.


simple vintage Christmas centerpiece


I found the pastel bottle brush trees from Target's dollar spot last year--don't you love the colors? It seems everyone is smitten with these retro inspired trees. With their timeless appeal and popularity, adding them to vintage vessels certainly isn't an original idea.  


Quick vintage Christmas centerpiece


Even so, I wanted to show you how simple it is to create a lovely centerpiece pairing thrifty finds and items gathered from your home. I layered a chalk painted charger and my jadeite green lazy Susan. The vintage linen is also from my thrifted collection. This pretty jadeite sugar shaker is a gift from Youngest Daughter, and the bottle brush tree tucked inside from my friend, Carly--my girls know what I like! Notice the tiny milk glass salt shaker? 


15 minute vintage Christmas centerpiece


Here's the floral tea cup with a second blush ombre tree.


simple vintage decor


Best of all--nothing is permanently attached. The trees are just tucked inside and everything can be reused and styled differently as desired!


Vintage Christmas centerpiece


I buy Scrabble games from thrift stores and yard sales any time I see a good deal. They are such a fun way to personalize decor and add instant vintage charm! 


Christmas centerpiece


A view from the back--featuring the milk glass and the ornament with the tiniest glass shaker to the right. I bet you have some vintage treasures that are just waiting to be gathered for your centerpiece. In fact, this is so easy to assemble that most of the 15 minutes will be spent gathering your goodies!


15 minute Christmas centerpiece


My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage Christmas decor


For more thrift store challenge inspiration, remember to visit my friends! If it's a new blog for you, be sure to say Hello, from Cecilia! ;)



Christmas thrift store challenge




Christmas thrift store challenge




Christmas thrift store challenge



My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia, this is soooo cute!! I love every detail! You have found such perfect little holders, for those darling bottlebrush trees!!!
    ~Emily @ lecultivateur.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Cecilia ... bottlebrush trees are my favorite to decorate with this year. Have a Happy Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia you have such a lovely collection of items in this centerpiece. I love how you've used unexpected items to hold the little bottlebrush trees. I often forget to use things like that to hold flowers and trees and greenery. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you styled your centerpiece with all those great thrift store finds. Thanks for sharing how easy it is to create such a pretty display. I never would of thought about looking for scrabble games...I will be on the hunt for those now. I love when friends use the tiles with their vignettes. Great inspiration. Happy Holiday Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope we see those pastel BBTs again at Easter! I love the pastels--and I'm always a sucker for anything with pink roses! Like the upcycle of the milk glass salt shaker; I was wondering what it was! I "copied" some blogger's idea and make "snowshoes" this year; planted BBTs in ceramic and real (baby) shoes and added gltter. A ladie's slipper, a pair of ceramic wellies, a Santa red boot, etc. Added glitter and snow; they're good for all winter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and creative! My tablescapes use mostly thrift store goodies too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I decorated the Christmas tree. I really enjoyed it! This is something I look forward to every year. Every year I get very excited, I decorate the Christmas tree and it begins to feel like Christmas. I think this year's Christmas tree is also very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!