Thyme to Garden Rustic Spring Tablescape


Happy Tuesday, Friends! Welcome to the Spring Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by Chloe at Celebrate and Decorate! If you're like me and have a case of spring fever, you're in for a treat--I'm joining 25 bloggers, all sharing spring tablescape inspiration...

spring tablescape in the garden

If you're visiting from Katherine's Corner, I know you enjoyed her lovely table setting! As is often the case, my spring tablescape was inspired by a recent thrift store find, these charming vintage dishes. In keeping with my garden theme, I decided to style my table outdoors; fortunately, our Texas weather has been mild enough. If you saw my blog post last week, you may notice that I used one of the centerpieces that I shared.   The sunny yellow tulips and green watering can complement the hues of the dishes.

spring tablescape in the garden

I paired them with a few of my jadeite plates, and a recent clearance find, these pretty floral napkins. I used the colorful napkins a few different ways. 

spring tablescape in the garden

I layered several as a table runner on top of my vintage table cloth. 

spring tablescape in the garden

Then, I used a few to create rustic flatware bundles. Tiny potted succulents are a lovely addition to spring tablescapes and also make sweet hostess gifts. 


Do you love that shovel canvas as much as I do? It was a gift from my dear friend, Carly. My sweet friend is having some health issues, and I know she would appreciate your prayers. 

spring tablescape in the garden

I used fishing line to hang the letters in the greenery, creating a vertical floating message.  I found these whimsical fabric garden signs during summer clearance sales.

spring tablescape in the garden

At 90% off, they were .60 each! I used jute to tie one on each of my bee-u-tiful bistro chairs.

spring tablescape in the garden

I hope my rustic spring tablescape has brightened your day! Thanks so much for stopping by! Next on the hop is The Little Yellow Corner Store. Enjoy! You'll find links to the rest of the spring tablescapes at the bottom of the post. 

spring tablescape in the garden

My Thrift Store Addiction

spring tablescape in the garden


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. How fun, it isn't warm enough here to do an al fresco table, lucky you! The table looks fresh and has such a fun vibe in the garden. Love those plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun place to dine outside. It would be nice to have breakfast on a Spring morning. I was wondering how you hung the GROW sign so nice tip with the fishing line. I love your colors and the al fresco mood! Beautiful. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Cecelia! I love the whimsical fun feeling you've created in your garden spot, the bright happy colors, the watering cans and the adorable pillows on the chairs...Just delightful!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I'd like to be setting here right now! This is adorable and so inviting. Love the canvas sign your friend Carly gave you and I do pray for her health to be restored. I adore the watering can with the tulips and that vintage tablecloth! The dishes are so sweet and I just love the overall cheerfulness of this table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so envy you the warmth of setting up outside. It is such an inviting setting; I love the floral napkins.
    Today it is currently 52 degrees with mud and snowbanks! The sun felt so good when we went out to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecilia, oh how I envy you a table set outdoors! So sweet and charming too. Those little vintage plates were a real find --- they're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia, my vintage soul adores everything you've done here, even with the newer items added (you grow, girl - love it!). What a pretty base tablecloth, and the dishes you showed last Friday look so pretty on that jadeite (another love and storage bin of mine, hehe). Your table satisfies my thrift addiction just like it does yours! Happy March. And yes, I will keep your friend in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your vintage cloth and cute bistro set. The watering can with tulips is so sweet. Such a lovely spot to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, you always find the prettiest vintage treasures! I love those sweet plates! Your table is so beautiful and cheerful. It would be so lovely to dine at this happy spring setting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, everything about your table is just perfect!! Bring on spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely to have such a pretty outdoor area! I could just imagine sipping tea out there and enjoying the warm spring weather. Your dishes are so adorable and perfect for a garden table setting. So nice to hop with you!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecelia,
    I Love this sweet Spring tablescape out in your garden!! Those vintage dishes are just darling and i love those yellow chairs and I am assuming that the table is also painted yellow too!! How pretty!
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia, I am so attracted to this lovely Spring table that you set outside not only because it is set outdoors, but that it is full of lovely vintage items. My heart melts over your lovely yellow floral tablecloth. You contrasted it nicely with your cute and adorable veggie plates. They are so precious and such a great find. It is wonderful how you contrast them with your floral pattern napkins. It really brings out the wonderful details of everything. Such sweet touches like your mini pillows on your bright yellow chairs. Your use of signs and watering cans are so perfect for this vintage Spring setting. Such a treasure and full of memories. Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecilia, I could just sit and sip tea here all afternoon! I love those vintage plates, and it's no wonder you wanted to create a tablescape with those in mind. The napkins, chairs, and watering can just add to the lovely scene. It all turned out so charming. By the way, I'm in Houston, so I'm wondering what part of the state you call home. Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So may pretty things are combined for a lovely setting. What a wonderful spot for enjoying a repast with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet spring table to welcome spring. Love the sign your friend gave you, the little pillows hanging on each chair are so cute. Such a darling bistro set in yellow. Loving the tulips. A pleasure to hop along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cozy spot to dine and relax. You scored some great finds and I found a table runner at HL with the same motif as your napkins. You couldn't have asked for better dishes for this setting. Happy spring and sending hugs and healing wishes to your friend Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, my goodness! That is the cutest little table scene ever! I just want to come on over and share a cup of coffee and a sweet visit with you. Have a great day, and Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet spot for a table outdoors. The watering can of tulips is a cheerful welcome to spring. The cute plates also welcome the new season. It is always a pleasure to hop with you...Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet little table set for springtime in the garden. Your little salad plates with baskets of vegetables are perfect as are the little pillows you added to the chairs. I am curious what is behind your hedge that lets you hang your signs...is it a fence or wall? I can't wait to get a hedge growing along my back fence!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's lovely! The thrifty finds are a HUGE score my friend. I love the table outside too.One of my favorite things. It's always a pleasure to hop with you, Pinned. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it! This is a lovely setting for sitting outside for a little chat and some wonderful spring beverages. I like the little touches, those pillows, the succulents and the bees stenciled on the chairs. I love the tulips in the watering can too. Pinned and it's a pleasure to hop with you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your sweet spring garden table! It's all so lovely and welcoming. Those pillows are such a wonderful touch! Happy Spring, Cecilia! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!