Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two!


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Thrifting and serendipity go hand in hand--especially during the holidays.  Come see how this week's fabulous finds create a whimsical holiday tablescape!


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrift store finds


It all started with this cute little snowman teapot. When I found him at my favorite thrift store, I was inspired to set Christmas tea for two at my breakfast table.  


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrift store finds like this whimsical teapot


Then I discovered these pretty red transferware dishes for .25 each! I knew they would pair perfectly with my jadeite.  


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrift store finds like these red transferware plates


Next, I came across this adorable vintage snowman...


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddictionth thrift store finds like this cute vintage snowman.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created wi



...and candy cane ornaments from a yard sale.

Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrifted finds like these candy cane ornaments


Then when I was in Denver visiting my kids for Thanksgiving, I found these at a nearby antique shop! Though I knew I didn't have any jadeite in this pattern; often called Swirl or Shell, I didn't realize until I added them to my table that they are a slightly smaller size, which I love!

Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrifted finds like jadeite plates


Take a peek at how pretty the plates look stacked by size. I've had the snowman napkins for awhile.  They still had their store tags when I found them at yet another yard sale.  The refreshing mint tea was in a gift basket I received from my daughters. I made tiny mitten spoon cozies by borrowing from a thrifted Christmas garland.  

Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrifted finds



The vintage snowman is just the right size, nestled between the cream and sugar. 


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrifted finds



Remember these cute little guys 



Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrifted vintage finds



from an estate sale find?  I see mischief in the making!


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A snowman tea party tablescape created with thrifted vintage finds like this kneehugger elf



Though it's not part of the tablescape, I wanted to mention this fun gingerbread house kitchen towel I found while thrifting with my girls in Denver.  


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A festive Christmas tea towel scored at a thrift store




 Last, here's a view of the full table--won't you join me for tea?


Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com A whimsical snowman tablescape created with thrift store finds



Until next time, happy hunting!





MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



The Dedicated House











Friday's Find: A Snowman Tea for Two mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Click here to see where I party!

17 comments:

  1. The tablescape is so pretty and festive! The little vintage snowman is precious! And the red and white transferware looks great paired with the green pieces! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable, festive table! I'm so jealous of all your jadeite finds! Love all the old snowmen! xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the snowman theme...all the pieces go so well to create an inviting look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red with your jadeite Cecilia. You set a beautiful and inviting table. Snowmen are my favorite Christmas decoration too and I usually leave them up through January. Has that mischievous little guy with the Hershey chocolate kiss taken a bribe from someone? He looks so cute sitting there. Good job, my friend.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much fun this all is. I have purchased jadeite and then sold it, never keeping any for myself. Now it's hard to find. Cute stuff...and it goes together so well, Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet feast for the eyes, my friend. I thoroughly enjoyed your snowman tea. Each item you shared is truly delightful and extra lovely.

    Happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love anything Thrifted! Cute table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a superb eye and knack for putting things together to make a delightful display. Who could resist wanting an invitation to such a darling table?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! All the snowmen are adorable! Love the jadeite too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is just charming, Cecilia--so many sweet details all arranged just perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoon! Swoon! Swooning over the Jadeite with the red and white. Merry Christmas! Susan- Susie'sChristmasCottage@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorbs! I used it as one of my features this morning for Let's Talk Vintage! Thanks so much for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia, I love all of your finds! The little snowman is so sweet and love the new found smaller plates. I love mixing red with my jadite as well. A friend recently gifted me with a sugar bowl. Now I need to find a creamer. :) Thanks for sharing and hosting Creating Christmas!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those plates for .26 were a fab find, and you are so right, they look so beautiful with the jadeite!!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I respond by email to be sure you receive it but your email address is always kept confidential. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!