Secrets from a Thrift Store Junkie!


Greetings Friends! Recently I accompanied a new friend to an estate sale and thrift store. Though Sandy admitted that shopping is not one of her favorite things, she really got into her first thrifting trip.  I will confess I always get excited about my finds but I found it rewarding to see her enthusiasm!  She asked questions about prices, the best times to shop and the best stores.  I thought I would share some of the things we discussed: 


Thrifting tips



  • Go often--even if you only have a little time to spare.  I try to go once a week.
  • Keep a list of items you need or may need soon. This prevents  "I should have bought that when I saw it" regret. 
  • If the price is right and you like the fit, buy it even if it is out of season. I almost walked away from a pair of boots last July and they turned out to be my winter favorites.
  • Check your local thrift stores' and estate sale companies' websites and social media for coupons and sales.
  • Be prepared to walk away if the price is too high or you just don't need it.  Some days you may come home empty handed but if you really don't have use for an item, it doesn't matter how good of a deal it is.  Also, most thrift stores will eventually reduce their prices, so it may be worth your wait!
  • Last but not least, use the buddy system! It's fun and fellow thrifters can really be an asset for second opinions or indecisiveness.  I've shared countless thrifting excursions with my dear friend Stacy and even though she now lives in another city, there will be more co-thrifting in our future!

My Thrift Store Addiction



Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!