Vintage Garden Mantel: Peace~ Love~ Garden!

Greetings Friends! Am I the only one who feels like Summer is rushing past me? I cannot believe we have less than two weeks left of July! Lately, I've been in the garden so much, time got away from me and I realized my mantel was in need of an update.  My passion for gardening, penchant for Vintage hankies and affection for whimsy provided ample inspiration. Plus, everything I used was thrifted or clearance. The results--my favorite mantel vignette to date!  

Garden inspired mantel

If you have read a few of my posts, you know I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to Vintage linens--I never met a pillowcase, tablecloth or hankie I didn't                          l-o-v-e! I am always looking for ways to use my lovely linens, so why not on the mantel?  These floral pretties made the perfect bouquet.

Vintage hankies

Now for the living flowers...lavender, succulents and roses....oh my! Remember Leonardo?  He stole my heart when I saw him on clearance at Target.  He has worn all sorts of seasonal blooms and now he's sporting a succulent.  

Vintage garden mantel


In the center my silver tray and glass bottles holding rosemary and lavender are from yard sales.  The Vintage salt and peppers were .50 at my favorite thrift store and serve as mini bud vases for my garden roses. The birdie feeder was also clearance.  I have had it for ages and it is just the right size for tea light candles.  Can we talk about this adorable sign? It was on clearance for $1 and it makes me smile every time I see it! 

Vintage garden mantel

Did you spot the other estate sale earring? I promised it would make an appearance when I used its partner for my recent tablescape.  I am loving it with my burlap lined .25 urn--what do think? The bird cage candle holder is yet another Hobby Lobby clearance find.

Vintage milk glass

Here you can see the whole mantel with my favorite thrift store mirror makeover.

Vintage garden mantel

I couldn't forget to give my chair a little summer love. How cute is this pillow from Tuesday Morning? I am always drawn to messages and signs but honestly it had me at the turquoise sequins :)

Whimsical sequins pillow

Thanks for stopping by today--sending you some peace and love from my garden to yours!

My Thrift Store Addiction



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


                                                   JUNKINLOGO2211111




Party link







Would you like to comment?

  1. Love it Cecilia ... great look overall. Love the mirror too.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Audrey sent me over here. I love your mantel because it has the items I crave - heads, birds, vintage linens, and turquoise! I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for joining the Say G’Day Linky Party. We have pinned your post to the Say G’Day Saturday board!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty mantel, Cecilia. I would not have thought to use the hankies that way, but they are perfect. Love all of your thrifty finds. Now following you on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I wish I had that head sculpture and that mirror...gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I am so jealous!!! Love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecilia, I am loving this mantel. If it's garden themed, it wins me over. lol! Love the hankies hanging over the side and the creative displays of succulents, Lavender, and roses! I would have nabbed that pillow as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel is great - quirky, yet romantic...and I want a Leonardo, too! A friend had one outside, with lots of wild things growing from it, and I've wanted one ever since I saw it. Thanks so much for sharing at Revisionary Life!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!