Feathered Friends Tablescape: Spring Nesting Mini Blog Hop

Hi there, Friends! Today, I'm excited to be hosting a "mini" blog hop. I opted to keep the setting more intimate by hosting a smaller group to highlight ideas for spring nesting during the pandemic. Whether you enjoy nesting in the garden, baking, or feathering your nest indoors, I hope you'll come away inspired... 


Spring nesting mini blog hop


This month marks 7 years since I started my blog. During that time, I've juggled some personal and financial challenges and recovered from both hail and flood damage within a few months of each other. However, the current COVID-19 crisis has shaken me to the core. I'm sure many of you can relate, and I know that like me, many of you find peace in knowing that God is still in control! Now more than ever, our homes are our sheltering sanctuaries, and we take comfort in nesting and creating beauty during these uncertain times. 


Spring nesting mini blog hop


 Last month, I shared nesting in the kitchen,  highlighting my vintage collections.


Spring nesting mini blog hop




Spring nesting mini blog hop


Today, I'm sharing the tablescape I created with my last pre-pandemic thrift store find: a set of four charming feathered friends plates. Even though I won't be hosting any dinners or luncheons soon, the cheerful setting brightens the dining room as I anticipate gathering for meals with family and friends again. 


Spring nesting mini blog hop

When I brought these lovely plates home, I was thrilled to discover how well they matched some enamelware plates and speckled egg napkins that I already had. Don't you love it when that happens?!


Spring nesting mini blog hop


I added tiny lavender bundles to my favorite burlap flatware pockets...


Spring nesting mini blog hop

.
..and warm candlelight with some thrifted egg-trimmed votives. 


Spring nesting mini blog hop


My watering can centerpiece was inspired by the plate patterns. 


Spring nesting mini blog hop

Spring nesting mini blog hop


Galvanized watering cans at each of the table hold fresh greenery from the garden: rosemary...


Spring nesting mini blog hop


...and ivy. 


Spring nesting mini blog hop


Thanks for stopping by! Next up is Coco from The Crowned Goat--you're going to love her creative project! Then scroll down to visit the rest of the bloggers for more spring nesting inspiration! 


Spring nesting mini blog hop


My Thrift Store Addiction

Spring nesting mini blog hop

Spring nesting mini blog hop



My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table! Those plates were a great find and you styled them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those pieces work so well, love the little bluebirds on your egg platter. I would have snapped up those darling salad plates too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous table, Cecilia! The soft colors and textures add a sense of calm - which is what we all need right now! I can relate to how you're feeling. This whole pandemic has shaken me to the core as well. Making our homes as comforting as possible is really the only thing we can do right now besides pray! Thank you for sharing your lovely ideas and for hosting this wonderful blog hop!
    Take care,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Cecilia, those plates and napkins are perfect complements to each other! Pretty table. I didn't realize you sustained hail and flood damage. I've had water damage before and it is something that leaves me unsettled almost every time it storms. Happy Blogiversary to you, my friend. May you find peace among the chaos that we're living in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful Spring tablescape Cecilia! I love it so much. One of my favorite things about being home more has been being able to slow down and experience listening to the birds while sipping generous cups of tea. It has been the best way to start and end the day. Thank you for getting us all together. I'm constantly learning from you guys and enjoy your creativity so much! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia, What pretty plates to theme a table around! Love the colors and all the pretty Spring inspiration. Definitely a beautiful scene to think about pretty things and put your soul at rest! Thanks so much for organizing all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your spring nesting decor is absolutely charming, Cecilia! I am loving your pillows, and the flatware pockets are so pretty with the sprigs of lavender! Who wouldn't feel special at your pretty table!? Fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Cecilia,
    This is such a precious blog hop and is warming my heart and lifting my spirits. Thank so much for organizing this event.
    You have been busy nesting too and there is so much comfort in it.
    These plates are as darling as they can be and the intricate details of your table-setting are delightful. Sweet birds, nests and watering can all evoke peace and harmony.
    Congratulations on you blog anniversary!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for inviting me to hop, Cecilia! I'm having fun visiting the other bloggers and enjoying their spring nesting projects. Your table is lovely ~ my favorite idea is the watering cans used as vases. Why didn't I think of that? xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This beautiful spring tablescape brought a smile to my face! Those birds plates you found are just perfect. I enjoyed all of the details. Thank you for having me along on your mini hop! Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty table with those pretty burlap utensil holders. Adding lavender is perfect and a love of mine!

    The plates are very pretty too.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecilia,
    Your beautiful bird egg napkins go so well with your thrifted nesting salad plates! Birds, eggs, feathers, are things I love using for spring and summer. You have a wonderful collection. Hopefully, we will all be able to invite friends over sometime this summer.

    Thank you for hosting the Spring Nesting Mini Blog Hop and for inviting me to join.

    Happy Spring,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your beautiful table has made me smile and feel hopeful about spring! Thank you my friend..and what a lovely hop. I'm off to visit some more friends. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful table-scape!! Those plates are definitely a grab for me at a thrift store, too! I'm very partial to bird decor and try to pick up little figurines as well to add a little "outdoors" inside! Thanks for sharing your beautiful, welcoming table...Happy blogiversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a wonderful job creating a tablescape around those new plates! Pastels are such springy vibes. Staying home is letting me craft so much more; haven't made a dent in my supplies!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!