The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand


Happy Wednesday and welcome to another 15 Minute Fix! Today I'm sharing a retro find recreated as a glam jewelry stand. It's so simple and super thrifty...

The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand  mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Transform a thrift store mug tree and plate into glam jewelry storage!





Remember this thrifty find?  Not terribly inspiring, but it reminded me of my grandmother who had one just like it and it was .50, so I decided to take a chance on it.



The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction The mug tree before it was recreated as a jewelry stand




First, I gave it a coat of gold spray paint: 5 minutes. I don't count drying time because I'm not actually working ;)



The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction First, the mug tree gets a coat of gold spray paint.




I found this really pretty vintage plate that I knew would make a lovely pairing. It had a few nicks but it was only .25....


The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction .25 vintage plate had a few nicks but I have a trick!


....so I did a quickie repair with white fingernail polish:  less than 5 minutes. (Maybe your plate doesn't have nicks and this step can be skipped.)


The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction .25 vintage plate had a few nicks but white nail polish provides a quickie repair!

Last, I used the hot glue gun with high temp jewelry bonding glue sticks to attach the mug tree to the plate: 5 minutes.


The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction Use high temp jewelry bonding glue sticks to attach mug tree to vintage plate


Voila! Total time: less than 15 minutes ~ total cost: .75! 




The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Glam jewelry stand recreated from thrift store mug tree and vintage plate!


Not including jewelry, of course!


The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Glam jewelry stand recreated from thrift store mug tree and vintage plate!




The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Thank you for pinning!




The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Pin it!
Remember to drop by tomorrow for the latest Vintage Charm!


The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Tree mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Vintage Charm party reminder!


Then Friday, I'll be sharing this week's fab finds.  Here's a little hint--what's green and vintage and loved all over? 





MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:












The 15 Minute Fix: Retro Mug Tree Jewelry Stand mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Link party button

Would you like to comment?

  1. Fantastic idea! I see these mug holders everywhere, I probably have one in my stash... Very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea! I see these mug holders everywhere, I probably have one in my stash... Very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Cecilia--looks SO pretty :) And I've never heard of jewelry binding glue sticks!!! I've got to try some of those; thanks for the tip--

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are super creative! I love this idea! Off to the thrift store for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool, I love the jewelry tree, what a great idea and so quick! Also, the plate is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for fun and unique ways to display jewelry. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always looking for fun and unique ways to display jewelry. Love this! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! And a great use of old things to repurpose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, this is so very clever! I love old china and so appreciate that you didn't discount this beauty because of a few minor nicks. And I love all your vintage jewelry adorning the new 'tree'. All around beautiful!
    Hugs, LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea. It looks wonderful. I'd have to find one that would fit under a cloche, though, because there are too many bad kitties in our house that would try to play with the contents otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! What a difference 15 minutes can make. :-) Loving this series.
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can never get enough of jewelry stand ideas!Love the gold spray paint! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia, this is such a cool jewelry stand!! And of course, gotta love the time and price tag! ;) Thanks for linking up at Sweet Inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! And handy, too! I always need to keep my everyday jewelry at hand so I don't have to go digging around for it, so this would be a great way to do that. Thanks so much for joining up each week for "Let's Talk Vintage!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. You clever and crafty girl! This is darling. Thank you so very much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You truly bring so much to our gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Giving your jewelry holder a feature tomorrow morning for "Let's Talk Vintage!" Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!