The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder


Happy Wednesday Friends! It's that time of week when I share mini makeovers and quickie garden tips that can be completed in 15 minutes. Today's fix started with a broken yard sale frame...

The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Repurpose a broken picture frame as a tabletop bird feeder!




Remember this yard sale find?  I instantly loved the sweet birdies, but the piece that would allow it to stand was broken. Since there wasn't an option for hanging it, I decided to recreate it as a tabletop bird feeder. 


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Broken yard sale picture frame before it is recreated as a tabletop bird feeder!


I added on oval of wax paper to the glass top, then...


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Broken yard sale picture frame before it is recreated as a tabletop bird feeder!


...painted it with my favorite aqua paint.


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Broken yard sale picture frame before it is recreated as a tabletop bird feeder!


That took a little less than 10 minutes and I left it to dry. 


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Paint a broken picture frame and recreate it as a tabletop bird feeder!

Once it dried, I used fine grit sand paper to lightly distress it: less than 5 minutes.


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Paint a broken picture frame and recreate it as a tabletop bird feeder!

Last, I added bird seed, then placed it on my patio table.  Easy-peasy and the birds are enjoying it!


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Paint a broken picture frame and recreate it as a tabletop bird feeder!


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Thank you for pinning!


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Pin it! Paint a broken picture frame and recreate it as a tabletop bird feeder!

I hope you'll drop by tomorrow for the latest Vintage Charm party!


The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Vintage Charm link party reminder





The 15 Minute Fix: Repurposed Frame Bird Feeder mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com Link party button

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love your tabletop bird feeder and cute sign. I have a bird feeder on my deck and we have enjoyed watching the birds from my kitchen window especially the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,love it because I love feeding the birds


    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out really cute Cecilia. Recycling made easy and a great treat for the birds. I love feeding the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia, I just love this idea. Just happen to have a Just for the Birds Pinterest board too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love watching the birds here and this would be such a cute idea for the deck, though we do have cutthroat squirrels up in these parts LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Cecilia! I think that's a perfect use for it...already has little birds "nibbling" at the seed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin'cute! Love that color, too! Ingenious. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic make over!! Love the color you chose too!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is adorable!! I need some new bird feeders, and want to come up with something repurposed. Yours inspires me! Thanks for sharing at Talk of the Town - I pinned it to the Knick of Time party board!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, I love this bird feeder!!! Too cute and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, I love this bird feeder!!! Too cute and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great transformation!
    Isn't it satisfying?
    Thank you for sharing this at TOHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just too adorable. I love this repurpose and the color is great, it brings out the birds. Thanks for joining us Cecilia over at Sweet Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another adorable transformation . . . you are such a clever girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun idea! I have a bunch of old frames so I might just give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Easy peasy, but super cute! Thanks for sharing it with the Garden Party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute and I love that it can be created in such a short amount of time. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!