A Vintage Charm Christmas Ornament Obsession


Hi there, Friends!  Welcome to A Vintage Charm Christmas where you'll be able to visit all of your Vintage Charm hostesses for holiday inspiration--vintage style! Today I'll be sharing some of my favorite vintage Christmas treasures... 

A Vintage Charm Christmas


Whether this is your first stop, or you're visiting from one of the other Vintage Charm blogs, I'm glad you're here! Grab your coffee or hot cocoa, get comfy and enjoy visiting! 


Vintage Charm Christmas



When it comes to vintage ornaments, I am slightly obsessed. 


Vintage ornament vignette



I've been collecting them for several years and now I can't imagine decorating for the holidays without them.  Each year, I challenge myself to display them in different ways. This year, I'm loving them mixed with vintage silver and milk glass.



vintage ornaments



I dressed up my china cabinet shelves too. 



vintage ornament vignette


I'm pretty sure the luscious colors are part of the attraction. 


vintage ornament vignettes



I had fun creating this vintage suitcase vignette--I'm like a kid in a candy store! 


vintage ornament and traincase vignette


I added more vintage ornament eye candy to my DIY reclaimed door fireplace hearth.


vintage ornament heart



Previously, I've hung vintage ornies from the chandelier


vintage ornament chandelier




vintage ornament wreath


dressed up a repurposed bedspring tree with them. Like I said--slightly obsessed ;)


repurposed bedspring ornament tree


Now that I've shared my love affair with vintage ornaments, ready to see more of my favorite vintage treasures? Most of my collections are scored during my thrifting adventures and my home decor reflects my love of layering vintage with my upcycled and repurposed finds. An exception is my nativity set which has been passed down from my grandmother to my mother and now to me and holds a special place in my heart. 


vintage heirloom nativity


This year I've challenged myself to mix things up a bit with my decorations, so I moved it from its usual place on the mantel to the dining room.  


vintage heirloom nativity


Here's a sneak peak of my holiday tablescape set with the vintage Friendly Village I scored at a yard sale. Stay tuned, I'll be sharing the rest soon, including a tutorial for mini rosemary wreaths, a simple garden greenery centerpiece plus a different look for my ever changing chandy!


Vintage Friendly Village tablescape


Earlier this week, I shared my nontraditional mantel and a tutu tree skirt, both inspired by the Nutcracker Ballet.

Nontraditional Nutcracker inspired Christmas decor


I also shared how I shopped my home to cozy up my bedroom for the holidays and winter months.


Cozy Christmas bedroom




Pin it! My Thrift Store Addiction


A Vintage Charm Christmas


I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I use my vintage ornaments and other thrifted treasures as Christmas decor. Be sure to drop by and visit the other Vintage Charm hostesses!



A Vintage Charm Christmas Blog Hop




A Vintage Charm Christmas Blog Hop






A Vintage Charm Christmas





My Thrift Store Addiction signature



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:








party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I was out thrifting yesterday and as I passed the shiny brites and the bottle brush trees and those little glittered houses (recalling my childhood and wondering what happened to all those things) I thought of you...and here you are this morning featuring your collection! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vintage ornament collection and the different ways you've displayed them. My mom has the exact same Friendly Village set. She used them for the holidays when I was a little, and continues to do so to this day. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many great decorating ideas, Cecilia! I'm with you, Shiny Brites (especially the pastel ones) are the best! I have some from my parents and some I've collected over the years. Love that deer in the suitcase! xo Kathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decor is so lovely, Cecelia! Vintage ornaments are so beautiful, they are what I love, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia

    Love it all, the train case as you know is my favorite! Happy hunting!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage ornaments too, and have to bring them home whenever I see them in the thrift stores. I love how you've displayed yours Cecilia, especially the suitcase vignette. Hot pink and turquoise are most definitely made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the displays. The lighted vintage suitcase makes a lovely display. Love the turquoise and pink with the white bottle brush trees too.
    Happy Christmas
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love! The colors and shapes the Shiny Brites just can't be replicated. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your vintage ornaments but the display in the train case is my favorite. Your nativity is lovely and I know what you mean about mixing things up. I tend to put things in the same place every year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A real feast for the eyes and inspirational, it was a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it but then I too, put my pretty vintagy ornaments in my thrifted silver bowl I found while visiting you! :-) Great minds think alike, lol. I really like the wreath you made for your fireplace backdrop and the ornaments in the vintage Santa and suitcase are great! Your nativity reminds me of the one we had. So sweet!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the little clever ways you've used your vintage ornaments Cecilia! I think the bedspring display is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, it is the luscious colors that are irresistible! I love all of your fun ways of displaying them Cecilia. You really have a lot of gorgeous ones! That nativity is definitely a precious heirloom!!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vintage Christmas treasures are my favorite kind of vintage. I have been collecting Shiny Brites all year to sell and I don't have the heart to list them. So I am making a wreath with some and putting some on my tree. Some vintage treasures you just have to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the great ways you are displaying yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You have so many vintage ornaments to look at! They are all beautiful and that suitcase is so darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much Cecelia, for your idea with the ornaments hanging on the chandelier, I hung mine from the twirly's, have one more to find, I was so excited to see what you did, have one more to find, it's lovely and you are amazing :)
    Happy Christmas to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your vintage ornaments so much! If you ever come across an Eskimo face, with a furry hood, I'd buy it from you. I'm one of 8, and we only had a couple of them growing up, and use to fight over who got to hang them on the tree. I'm always on the hunt when I'm out thrifting, but have yet to find any. Merry Christmas to you! Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your vintage ornaments are beautiful.

    I was into handmade ornaments when my mother was giving away her beautiful vintage (they were old when I was a child) ornaments. My sister got them all.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!