Friday's Find: Repurposed Bunk Bed Ladder

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, y'all! Today's fabulous find is a yard sale bunk bed ladder I repurposed...

Repurposed bunk bed ladder

I've had a smallish ladder on my thrifting list for awhile,  so when I saw this sturdy wood one at a yard sale for $1, I grabbed it quick! With the notched ends, it appears to be from a bunk bed set.  I knew I wanted to paint it...

Repurposed drying rack

...I used my favorite chalk paint, this time in lace. 

chalk paint

I've seen so many fun ideas with ladders! Blanket ladders are very popular right now and I considered using it as a display for some of my vintage linens. However, when the spot I envisioned didn't work, I decided to give it a more practical function. I don't like to machine dry most of my lingerie and the ladder rungs make the perfect drying rack.  The ladder is very light weight--easily moved from laundry room to my bedroom and there's even room for a lavender sachet. Now I can arrange and dry more of my unmentionables than I care to publish ;) 

Repurposed drying rack

Until next time, happy hunting! 



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:

Scrapality.com


CupofJoeFeaturedImage2


Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. That worked out really well for you Cecilia. I am sure you will find a lot of rooms to use it in. I love ladders, but can't seem to find the right place for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea. The ladder is just the right size. I see a blue basket in the back ground. I have one sprayed the same color. Imagine that. lol Have a lovely weekend. my dear. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Paint always does wonders for wood items! I would love one for the bathroom to hang the towels but I have no room in my bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love decorating with ladders. And yes, as per Annmarie: when in doubt, paint it white and it's an instant makeover. Love this, Cecilia! Well done. Thank you for all your wonderful link-ups each week. You're such a welcome guest at SHARE IT. Till Sat/Sun next weekend, Rose

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!