Crock Pot Herbed Baked Potato Soup


Hello Friends! I love making soup in my crock pot especially this time of year.  Baked potato soup is one of my favorites especially when fresh herbs are added! 

Herbed baked potato soup


I start by adding chopped potatoes, about three cups.  Red potatoes that I needed to use are pictured here, but I actually prefer Russet potatoes for this recipe.

Herbed baked potato soup


Next, I add fresh Rosemary and Thyme.  Did you know fresh herbs are best for crock pot recipes?  Then I add water to just cover the herbs and potatoes.  Crock pot temperatures and times vary but I usually cook mine on high 6-8 hours.  Every few hours, I use a spoon to stir and mash the potatoes as they cook and soften.

Herbed baked potato soup


About 30 minutes prior to serving,  stir in the milk you prefer. I have used everything from evaporated to almond milk.  How much you add will depend on how creamy you like it, but start with less as you can always add more.  I garnish mine with crumbled bacon pieces and grated cheese.  Enjoy! I would love to hear your favorite crock pot recipes! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature




party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love soup especially in front of the fireplace with a Hallmark movie.. My current fav is:
    Ingredients: 1 bag of frozen tortellini 1 small bag of fresh spinach 2 cans of italian style diced tomatoes 1 box or 4 cups or vegetable broth 1 block of cream cheese put all ingredients in crockpot, chunking up the cream cheese. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs.
    I usually dont add the cream cheese in the beginning... but add about last 1/2 hour of cooking. LUV IT... I have a pinterest board for soups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I love a good Hallmark movie during the holidays! That soup sounds delicious--can't wait to pin it and give it a try! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!