Transition to Fall with Cozy Seasonal Crafts

Hi there, Friends! Are you longing for cooler temperatures and sweater weather? Here in Texas, we are experiencing the hottest stretch of summer so I have been beating the heat by starting on some cozy seasonal crafts! Join me and my sweet blogger friends hosted by...

cozy fall crafts

...Amber at Follow the Yellow Brick Home as we share summer to fall inspiration today. If you've hopped over after visiting Cindy at County Road 407, welcome! Her fall lantern ideas are so pretty! I'll be sharing a few of my most recent projects, some timeless favorites and even a sneak peek of a coming project to usher in the season. Feel free to pin away! 


Create a lovely wreath with velvet pumpkins and lace for $10! 

cozy fall crafts

Embellish a favorite pillow with a vintage linen or make your own DIY pom pom throw!

cozy fall crafts

Craft handmade velvet pumpkins...

cozy seasonal crafts ...and pair them with a stenciled Hello Pumpkin pillow!

cozy seasonal crafts

You can also layer cozy accents by stenciling a grain sack stripe on a plain pillow or dressing up bargain bin pillows to create your own personal touch! 

cozy seasonal crafts

Last but not least, here's a sneak peek of the rustic whimsical pumpkin I repurposed from a dollar store pillow. Stay tuned for the detailed tutorial next week and also for a nature-inspired fall home tour next month!

cozy fall crafts

Thanks so much for stopping by today! My friend Kristin from White Arrows Home is next--she'll show you some great tips for decorating with mums! Enjoy visiting the rest of these lovely blogs for more charming summer-to-fall inspiration!


summer to fall transitions blog hop

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Would you like to comment?

  1. Dying over your pink pumpkin wreath and all your gorgeous pillows, Cecilia! They're all totally fantastic. I've never seen a textured pumpkin made from a dollar store pillow like that so I'm super excited to check it out. It's awesome! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia!
    LOVE your choice of colors!! and fabrics too!! stunning!! Is that a sofa??? ADORE the fabric on that too!! So pretty!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
    hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty pumpkins. That $1 store pillow turned pumpkin is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great ideas! I need to start checking out the Dollar Store more often. Although if I would have seen a pillow like that I would have just left it there thinking it wasn't for me. Well not anymore! Thanks for all the inspo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inspiration as always. Love your pillows. We just got a Dollar Tree near us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pink wreath is just gorgeous! I must make one now. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been super hot and humid in New Jersey as well! All your beautiful ideas are making me look forward to fall! So great to hop with you again! Pinned!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make pink and blue work perfectly for Fall! Your pumpkin wreath is totally adorable, and loving all your velvet pumpkins. I've never made any, at some point I need to make a plan and just do it. Great idea for the rice first and polyfill on top. I'm looking forward to more of your fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rustic textured pumpkin is just about the cutest I've have ever seen and from a pillow! You are amazing! Love all your soft colors and fun style of decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pinks and blues! Can't wait to see that pillow! I, too, have done some more sedentary crafts with this heat; made fall and Halloween garlands with mostly DT supplies; don't have a/c. At least the fan helped paint dry faster! Hit Hobby Lobby and got a few great 90% off spring treasures to tuck away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to take a plain pumpkin and make it something special, Cecilia. We can’t have too many pumpkin ideas for different settings and color schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tell you you're the best of all of these....love your style, how you work with colors, which gives me encouragement to do same and have in my own way - THANK YOU!! Maybe I missed it, but where did you find the amazing crafts? I must have one! I will go to Zulily now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've got some amazingly creative ideas for fall! I love that pumpkin with the dollar store pillow!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your sweet pumpkin ideas, especially the velvet! I also adore the wreath with the mini pink and white pumpkins. Just adorable!

    Thanks so much for joining the hop!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!