August Dollar Store Scores: Friday's Find #363


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Today I'm sharing my recent dollar store scores. I was thrilled to find these gorgeous velvet and sequins embellished pumpkins at Dollar Tree...

dollar store scores

Last year, I found this trio of velvet pumpkins at Dollar Tree. I've said it before, but Dollar Tree is giving Hobby Lobby a run for their money when it comes to seasonal decor. Don't get me wrong--I love Hobby Lobby, but this year I was disappointed by their high priced pumpkins.

dollar store scores

Of the five I purchased at Dollar Tree, only the sequins pumpkin was over $1. At $3, it was still considerably less than comparable sizes at Hobby Lobby despite theirs being 40% off. Notice the slightly different shape and more realistic stems compared to those I purchased last year--not to mention, the pretty color complements my blush decor. The DT employee was in the process of stocking them and was kind enough to let me dig through the box for all I could find in that rosy shade. 

dollar store scores

I also scored these faux succulents, another item that Dollar Tree continues to improve. I have previously used these in craft projects, but my local store seems to sell out of them as soon as they stock them. 

dollar store scores

I was able to stock up on adhesive dots and fasteners this trip, too. 

dollar store scores

Last but not least, I found these little cuties at Dollar General. Stay tuned--I have plans to tweak the plastic stems and leaves!

dollar store scores

My Thrift Store Addiction
dollar store scores

Until next time, stay safe and healthy!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love my Dollar tree for seasonal decor but it does sell out very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing DT treasures--then I am so disappointed when my 2 local stores don't have them. Being a cheapo, I use the foam dots for my cardmaking--then use the leftover foam to mount larger embellishments! I just love velvet pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!