Velvet Pumpkins and Lace Wreath

Hi there, Friends! I am slightly obsessed with velvet pumpkin decor so when I came across these stems of minis, I decided to use them to craft a wreath to usher in fall. While store bought varieties can run $40, you can create my knockoff wreath for $10...

velvet pumpkins and lace wreath

If you hopped over after visiting Gail at Purple Hues and Me, welcome! Aren't her napkin rings lovely? Now, are you ready to craft your own budget-friendly velvet pumpkin wreath? 

Here's what you'll need:

*2 stems of mini velvet pumpkins (Currently 40% off at Hobby Lobby)
*2 rolls of lace trim (Dollar Tree)
*Wire wreath form (Dollar Tree)
*Wire cutter
*Glue dots or hot glue gun
*Optional small fall greeting sign 

Start by using the wire cutter to cut the pumpkins from the main stem. Be sure to leave each one attached to a small portion of the wired stem.  (You'll use it to wrap the pumpkins around the wreath as pictured in the second and third photos.)  Next, arrange and wrap the pumpkins in two groups of ten, spaced diagonally opposite each other.

velvet pumpkins and lace fall wreath

Then wrap lace around the wreath to fill in the bare spots, using glue dots or a hot glue gun to attach the ends of the lace at the back. Optional: If desired, attach a small greeting sign.

My Thrift Store Addiction

velvet pumpkins and lace wreath

Next up is Carol from Bluesky at Home! Enjoy visiting the rest of my talented friends to see their creative craft ideas!



THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FEATURE!

My Thrift Store Addiction velvet pumpkin wreath

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia, Such a pretty wreath to usher in fall! I love the pink and white pumpkins you found and departure from the traditional warm colors associated with fall. As always it’s a treat to hop with you again. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia!!
    I absolutely love this sweet wreath and the colors of those pumpkins are simply stunning!!!! I think I actually have that same lace!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is gorgeous, Cecelia! It's a pretty way to welcome Fall with velvet and lace! And I love those velvet pumpkins! I was able to pick up a stem in burgundy velvet from HL and loved it so much that I went back for more but they were all gone! I've should have known better! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, just lovely! I bought orange and white (they also had turquoise) much smaller sprays at Dollar Tree to destruct to make garlands, but this project tempts me! I love the romantic look of the lace and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty in pink Cecelia! The lace trim is such a smart way to cover the wreath form and the texture with the velvet pumpkins is wonderful. I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and was overwhelmed with all the cute fall things they had! I love the Fall sign in the center too, very cute and creative!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Cecilia! I love untraditional the colours you chose. I'm so not ready for Fall right now in all its bright orange, yellow and red glory, so this is the perfect way to ease into it :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygosh, Cecilia, that is absolutely darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very cute wreath! Loving this idea! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely LOVE this! I also have that Happy Fall sign. I've also used it as part of a fall wreath in the past:)Pink velvet is awesome! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, this wreath project is amazing. Pretty and it looks so easy. I love the mini pink pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your velvet pumpkin and lace wreath. Congratulations, you are being featured on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2021/09/thursday-favorite-things-party.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful wreath Cecilia! Great tutorial and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks so much for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous color and texture combinations for Fall, Cecilia! I’d love for you to join us over at the Creative Crafts Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
    https://creativelybeth.com/creative-crafts-linky-party-58/
    Followed and Pinned! 🙂
    Creatively, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wreath is insanely cute! I like that it is not the traditional orange pumpkins and that you used pinks and whites. Kinda has a vintage feel to it. great job.
    Meagan-Decorative Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! I've been looking for a new wreath for Fall and this is it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The lace wrapped around the wreath kind of looks like crochet! It’s simple and cute!

    Thanks for sharing this at the Sunday Sunshine Blog Hop

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!