Vintage Patriotic Garden Tea Party for Two


Happy Tuesday, Friends! Today I'm joining some talented blogger friends for the Patriotic Tablescape Hop hosted by Chloe from Celebrate and Decorate and Andrea at Design Morsels...


patriotic garden tea party


Are you hopping over after visiting Mary from Home Is Where The Boat Is? She creates the loveliest tablescapes! If you read my pallet picnic post or follow me on Instagram, you know that I have been dealing with the aftermath of storm damage that wreaked havoc on my lovely garden. Fortunately, I styled and photographed my vintage patriotic tea party in my garden gazebo, while it was still surrounded by lush greenery. I started with a crisp vintage white tablecloth...


patriotic garden tea party


Next, I layered vintage Liberty Blue dishes with the red and white cherry plates...


patriotic garden tea party


...I scored before the pandemic, along with the little cherry teapot--it was the inspiration for my patriotic tea party.


patriotic garden tea party

patriotic garden tea party


Stay tuned--on Thursday, I'll share how to craft this pretty rosy posy.


patriotic garden tea party


Then next week, I'll share my simple biscuit berry shortcake recipe! 


patriotic garden tea party


Here's a peek at the full bistro table (before the storm.)


patriotic garden tea party

My Thrift Store Addiction

patriotic garden tea party

Thanks for stopping by today! Next up is Pam at Every Day LivingI can't wait to see her charming tablescape! You can find the rest of the patriotic tablescapes below: 



My Thrift Store Addiction

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love the teapot! So sorry to hear that the storm tore up so much of your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous table. I love all the treasures, will pin to my tablescape board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia, Your tablecloth is beautiful. I love that you showed it's detailing. So pretty. You did well scoring the cherry teapot and red and white cherry plates. I also love Liberty Blue plates. I gave my sister my plates with historic scenes in red. I might want to borrow them back for a photo op.
    Your dessert is very inviting. I love your pleasant spot for a tea party and am so sorry you had storm damage.
    Wishing you a happy and safe 4th of July. Nice blog hopping with you again.❤️🇺🇸💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia everything on your table looks so pretty. Love the dishes and your dessert looks delicious. I love the area around your table. Looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cecilia,

    Love that you incorporated your cherry dishes you found.

    Your dessert looks amazing.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that dessert was so pretty (I'm still on antibiotics and mostly clear liquid diet for the diverticulitis! I'd eat the design off the plate about now!). Your RW&B combo is so pretty. That corner of your garden looks so restful and serene. I tried doing a bit of yardwork in the shade this a.m. and was pestered by a horsefly and a hornet; that NEVER happens in blogland! I quit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your cherry teapot is adorable, and your tea table for 2 is lovely Cecelia! Those berry shortcakes look so good, what a delightful spot to sip and nibble...I'm so sorry you had storm damage, I hope things will regrow and get back to pretty soon...
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia, how lovely your table is set in the gazebo. I am so sorry storms wreaked havoc on your garden. Although it has not been storms, a week of nearly non stop rain has stunted my vegetables and zinnias. That tea pot is so perfect! You must use it to style a President's Day table next February! Your transfer ware, also is the perfect choice for the 4th of July and now I would like some of that shortcake!! Thank you for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, I am so sorry about the storm tearing up your garden. Your tea table for two is so lovely in your gazebo. I love the sweet cherry teapot and the transferware! The rosy posy adds the perfect touch along with the delicious-looking shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, What a wonderful spot for a tea party. Your cherry teapot and Liberty Blue dishes are perfect to celebrate the red, white and blue and your Berry Shortcake looks delicious! I am so sorry about your storm damage. Thankfully you were safe, but I know you must be heartsick about your garden. Wishing you a Safe and Happy 4th and speedy growing in your garden.♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your private little table looks so inviting and festive! I love the pretty patriotic colors you used...and that dessert looks scrumptious! Great to hop with you again!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia, what a beautiful little table setting on your red bistro set in your secret garden space. It's a small blessing that you were able to prepare this in advance. The cherry themed tea service and plates are simply adorable. I knew when you shared them as finds they'd be featured in this patriotic theme. Love the crisp, white vintage tablecloth. There's always a tender spot in my vintage-loving heart when I see the cherished linens from the past being used.

    I am so sorry your space was disrupted, and I have (and will continue) to pray for you. How is the recovery coming along? With TX heat, it wouldn't surprise me if it's fall before you see a satisfying cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia, I am sorry to hear about any storm damage you might have experienced. Your sweet and charming table makes me feel like I am a little girl again about to have tea like the grown-ups. It is so adorable and endearing. The berry shortcake looks sooooo delicioussssss!!!! I am craving one right now. The rosy posey is so beautiful wrapped in lace. So loved by all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet (literally) little table for two! I love that teapot and your transferware, and that posey is just precious. Beautiful and quaint!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Cecelia, how I would love to have a seat at this beautiful setting! Everything looks so pretty for your patriotic tea party. That vintage tablecloth is stunning, and I am swooning over that sweet teapot. The shortcake looks most scrumptious, and the roses are the perfect finishing touch! It is always so much fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cecilia, your patriotic tea party for two looks so inviting in your lovely garden and gazebo. I love the rosy posy you made with the paper doily. Your Liberty Blue plates are a classic and perfect for the 4th of July. The berry shortcake looks delicious! It was fun to hop with you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! What a sweet little tea party! The dessert looks amazing. The rosy posy is so cute. It's such a warm and welcoming display!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!