Repurposed French Tart Pan Seed Tray: Fridays at Home


Happy Friday, Friends! Are thrift stores starting to reopen near you? To be honest, I have been pretty preoccupied dealing with storm damage and insurance, and I'm still staying home, but I do have a simple repurpose of a previous find to share with you...


repurposed tart tin seed tray


You may remember I scored a pair of French tart tin pans several years ago. 


farmhouse seed tray


I sold the one on the left and kept the one on the right. 


farmhouse seed tray


At the time, I created a simple naturescape.


farmhouse seed tray


Recently, I repurposed the French pan to create a seed tray to sort seed orders for Secret Garden Herbs. Some of the seeds are really tiny so having a shallow area to sort them is helpful. I added some round labels, wooden discs, and transparent stickers that I had on hand. The white labels make the tiny light-colored seeds more visible while the wood discs prevent the labels from sticking to the pan permanently. Last, I used some script letter stickers to label the different types of seeds and their pods. 


farmhouse seed tray

My Thrift Store Addiction

repurposed tart pan seed tray


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. What a great way to upcycle an old tart pan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice project. I miss being able to browse the thrift stores! Ours are still all closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great repurposing use. I have to say, though, a couple weeks ago I sure could've used the tart pans, lol. I made one of Mary's (Home is Where the Boat is) recipes that called for tart pans, but I had to use a pie dish. :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for those tiny seeds.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have accidentally scattered seeds. NOW I just put the flower head in a baggie, shake it, rip up the flower head from the outside, etc. and my seeds are corraled. I really like your little vignette; I would hang it on a wall with "littles' tacked in@

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!