Vintage Books: Friday's Find #302


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! I've been a lover of books for as long as I can remember and you'll find at least a few stacks of those I've collected in any room of my house. This week I scored several to share with you... 


vintage books
"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think..." Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Who else is a fan of Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne series? My girls watched the Anne of Green Gables videos countless times, and we still quote some of our favorite lines. For fun, I've included a few as captions on my photos today. I was thrilled to find several with publication dates of 1909, 1915, and 1936. Interestingly, you can see below that the copyright page in the Anne of Avonlea book includes her married name in the 1936 publication. AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage books
“It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

vintage books
“I love a book that makes me cry.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

I also found a 1925 copy of Robinson CrusoeAVAILABLE HERE!


vintage books


My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage books



Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. I've never found any old Anne hard cover books; I always buy the paperbacks and lots of kids books as I find they sell, albeit slowly, in my booth! I think American Girl books are today's answers to a lot of these old ones. I found an Annette (Funichello) book for myself this week--hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a find! Did you pay a pretty penny for these? I’m so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I stumble upon really good vintage books. You hit the jackpot! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Anne of Green Gables books that look just like those, I'll have to check the dates. They were either mine or my mother's, and my daughters loved them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. The binding is beautiful. They are fabulous reads too.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!