Friday's Find #242


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Okay, admit it--did you say or think, "Awww!" when you saw this mother dog and her pups nestled in their tiny basket bed? Look at those faces! 


1950s vintage dog collectibles


When I researched these 1950s dog figurines joined on a chain leash, I didn't find any others that included a basket bed, so the original owner may have added this one. It's awfully cute and the mother and pups fit pretty snuggly inside. The mother still has the original made in Japan label on the bottom and the set is in perfect condition. AVAILABLE HERE!


1950s collectible dog figurines


Last week I shared a set of charming vintage Easter napkins. This week I have another pristine set of 6, pretty in pink with lovely white embroidered detail. AVAILABLE HERE!


pink vintage napkins


Previously, I've sold a Blue Heaven dish set and casserole dishes, so I never pass on a bargain in good condition. It's such a fun pattern and when I shared it before, I received a lot of feedback from readers who had memories of eating from this retro dishware in their childhood homes. AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage Blue Heaven dishes


The rest of this week's finds are keepers from the .25 bin. A few fabric headbands, that I'll probably use for crafting...


thrift store finds of the week


...and this cute little bunny. Stay tuned--you'll see her again in my next post! 


thrift store finds of the week


Last but not least, I shop year round for books, crafts and toys for Ginger Grand's summer visit. I was happy to find these bug stamps that have never been opened. I know he'll love them!


thrift store finds of the week



My Thrift Store Addiction

retro collectibles


If you haven't had a chance yet, be sure to visit the Styled for Spring home tours. Today's the final day and with over 30 bloggers participating, there's been a little something for everyone--from rustic farmhouse to pastels and floral. On Tuesday, I'll be joining some of my favorite bloggers for the Easter Joys Vintage Blog Hop. Then on Friday, you'll be able to link up your favorite vintage Easter projects and decor! I'll be back Sunday with more details! 

Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I remember seeing the dogs with puppies several times growing up. Seems a lot of people had them. They are cute! Always fun to see what you find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen those types of figurines with the 'babies' on chains. The dogs are definitely cute! Lots of great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love your finds. If theink pad is dry, mist it with water. Meanwhile rubber stampers tell you to store it upside down so the ink rises to the top of the pad! He can have a good time making cards and stationery! I think drawing a picture, then adding the stamps to tell a story is fun. We make cards @ Sun School for our animal shelter effort and give them to people at church. I can see you attaching one of your peonies to the headbands to dress up a deep bowl, basket, or jug! Can't wait to see the bunny upcycled. Oh, I got the magazine already; was a bit disappointed that your article was only 1 page long; I would have opted for 5-6 pages of your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! We had that dish...well, the pattern was on a casserole dish. Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such interesting finds Cecilia. The little dogs are so cute. I remember the poodles ... mother with baby on a chain. Anxious to see your Easter post.
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finds, Cecilia! But the dogs in a basket is a heartstealer!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!