Rabbits and Roses Spring Garden Tea for Two

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Today I'm delighted to be joining the Spring and Easter Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by dear Rita from Panoply. I'm sharing a whimsical garden tea for two that's suitable for spring or Easter...

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

If you hopped over from My Hubbard Home, welcome! I've gathered some of my favorite white rabbits, these gorgeous pink-tipped roses and... 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

...of course, vintage dishes from my thrifted collections. 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

Although our March mornings are still chilly, it's already in the eighties by the afternoon here in Texas.

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

This pretty tablecloth was a find from a weekend girls' trip several years ago to Salado, a charming village lined with quaint shops. (It's also where I first tasted chilled strawberry soup!) 


I've had this tall white rabbit with the floral collar for so long that I don't recall where I found him. He reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. After making an appearance in my spring home tour last week, he is ready to join us for tea! 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

In the background, you can see the creeping fig that I feared I lost in last year's severe ice storm has finally returned! 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

Are you hosting Easter this year? 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

Is it warm enough to eat outdoors yet where you live? 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

Thanks so much for stopping by! Next up on the tour is Lynne from Thrifting Wonderland! Scroll down to visit the rest of today's talented bloggers! 

whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

My Thrift Store Addiction
whimsical garden tea for spring or Easter

Everyday Living - The Joys of Easter
The Little Yellow Corner Store - Funny Bunny Fern and Her Breakfast Tablescape
Me and My Captain - Spring Is In the Air
Red Cottage Chronicles - Fruit and Flowers Spring Tablescape
Living with Thanksgiving - The Joy of Spring
Hyacinths for the Soul - Garden Party on the Terrace
Home Is Where the Boat Is - Hop To It
My Hubbard Home - Busy Bunny Easter Table
My Thrift Store Addiction - Rabbits and Roses Garden Tea for Two
Thrifting Wonderland - Easter Table in Black and White
The Painted Apron - Spring Piggy Party!
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Bunnies in the Garden
The Bookish Dilettante - Casual Easter Tablescape

Spring and Easter tablescape blog hop


HONORED TO FEATURED HERE:

Featured!



Featured!


Feature!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh, I think this is my favorite so far! I adore jadeite, but i don't have any and the colors in this table remind me of my childhood (someone in the family had similar dishes). The napkins are so pretty. I would so enjoy sitting here in your company! No dining outside here for a few months, 4" snow covered everything yesterday and Sunday! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The pink and green scheme works so well, (I love jadeite anyway) and that tablecloth is amazing! Your plates look like they were made to go with it. I'd love to join you for tea at this table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty garden tea table for two, Cecilia. The fig is a perfect backdrop for your sweet table with you vintage jadeite. I love the pink napkins. It is a treat to hop with you…Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty setting Cecilia....and yes the Captain and I eat el fresco daily since we live in Florida. I love sitting on our lanai and listening to the water fall cascading down the rocks while we chat and share a meal.

    You know I love your jadeite and your creeping fig growing on the back wall makes for a perfect setting for your lovely table for two. The pink on your sweet bunnies add to your pretty pink glasses with delicate pink napkins tucked inside.

    Yes, I am hosting Easter this year. We will have a sunrise service at church and then our Sunday School will meet as usual and then we will come home hopefully to the wonderful smells and aromas of a pineapple baked ham in the oven and the crock pot will be brimming with scalloped potatoes and the home made rolls will have risen and be ready to pop in the oven. I will have the pale green pistachio salad in the fridge and the green bean casserole in the second oven. We are having friends from church come to dinner so we are looking forward to a time of fellowship and good eats. Thank you for asking and I hope your day will be wonderful as well.
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty to use your Jadeite with the vintage rose pattern. Loving that wall for background, lovely post, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your Jadeite dishware. The creeping fig looks glorious on the back wall. We have some along our pool waterfall. The tablecloth is so pretty and dainty. The napkins are gorgeous. A lovely table for two Cecilia, I would be thrilled to sit at your table. Yes, we have eaten outdoors, the weather changes from cold to warm and then cold again. A pleasure hopping along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling table, Cecilia! Filled with the kind of vintage charm you are well known for. Your Jadeite continues to be a very good purchase. The color goes with everything and looks so festive with the deep pink roses and all the ceramic bunnies. Happy to hear your creeping fig came back in time for the spring pictures.

    Easter blessings,

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful setting Cecilia, it had me smiling all the way through! I am crazy about your ceramic bunny with the flower necklace, adorable! I also love the pink tipped roses in the wonderful teapot container, and the way you color coordinated your tablescape to the wall and creeping fig is lovely~ What a great spot to relax and sip a cup of tea with the bunnies!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful display of Spring and easter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your roses theme. Roses are my very favorite, and the colors of yours on your plates, the vintage tablecloth, and the real ones are gorgeous. This post has made me smile, and I can't wait for our roses to bloom.
    Happy Spring!
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table is so adorable, Cecelia!!! I love the setting of your table against the creeping fig, it makes the perfect backdrop. I am so crushing on that gorgeous vintage ( or vintage look!) tablecloth!!! The stripes and cottage rose design pairs perfectly with your jadeite and rose plates. Like they were made for each other!! Such a beautiful setting!! I hope you have a wonderful Easter and a happy spring!! 🐣💜🌷

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Cecelia! I love your vintage tablecloth, dishes and sweet bunnies. Even more, I love your creeping fig growing up your pretty stucco wall, I know you’re glad it recovered. It reminds the creeping fig in Charleston everywhere. As always it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you! Happy Easter to you. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecelia, this is an utterly charming setting for enjoying tea with someone special! The pair of bunnies have such personality! Your jadeite pieces are perfect for spring tables. What I really love is the tablecloth. I've got several vintage cloths inherited from family, but I never know what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecilia, your tea table for two is total charm. I'm in love with your green stripe table cloth. It hints at a beautiful awning to shade the sun. Salado is a favorite village! I've not been in years, but so much had closed due to the long ongoing highway construction detour. Happy to know things are back open and hopefully thriving. Your white bunnies are charmers, especially the large one with the ruffle. It's it fun to bring out these special pieces for spring and Easter? Fun hopping with you! Happy Spring! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, my heart begins to beat a bit faster seeing your wonderful table with such a beautiful retro tablecloth. I love love love vintage tablecloths and you paired your beautiful tablecloth beautifully with your roses in your plates and floral teapot centerpiece. It is an exact match for your wonderful jadeite collection. I can fully appreciate temperatures in the 70s in Texas. I am so glad your gorgeous climbing fig plant did a come back for you. It is such a beautiful back drop to your cozy table. We are expecting 2-4 inches of snow tonight in Wisconsin, so I am REALLY enjoying seeing your lovely outdoor tablesetting. Your white bunnies a the perfect detail for your Spring/Easter table. Beautiful! It is always such a pleasure to join you in a hop. Have a Happy Easter holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Cecilia, that outdoor setting is the perfect backdrop to your garden tea! Your creeping fig looks wonderfully healthy. The tablecloth makes for a real eye-catcher against your beloved jadeite and rose dishes. I love the collared bunny. Those fragile, applied roses are not an easy thing to store, I know from experience! I'm happy yours has hopped out to show off and be part of this blog hop today. And wow, we've only 80°+ one day so far this spring - yesterday. I rather enjoy spring and hope it lasts a bit longer than a week or so. Thank you for participating in this hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your display is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    HAPPY EASTER
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your tablecloth.The colors are so pretty and your jadeite and bunnies are adorable. I think it is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet Easter table Cecilia! I love those pink tipped roses. The delicate embroidered napkins had me swooning too! That tablecloth was a fun find and match your thrifted dishes perfectly! Always a pleasure sharing in the blog hops with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love, love the retro, vintage vibe of your table. SO many great details. But those roses with your vine in the background are perfection! Thanks for the eye candy. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cecilia, your table is so sweet. I love the garden theme. Love your jade pieces and those beautiful roses. I am happy to feature your pretty table at Love Your Creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!