Milk Glass and Metallics Tablescape: Welcome Winter Mini Hop

Happy Friday, Friends! Today, I'm sharing a warm winter tablescape featuring vintage milk glass and metallics, and I am welcoming the season by hosting a mini blog hop featuring ten of my talented blogger friends...

milk glass and metallics winter tablescape

Winter has arrived in Texas, and I'm all all about creating warm and inviting spaces with cozy textures, candlelight, and natural accents. Although we typically have milder winters than many states, we have had two light snows since New Year's Eve, which is quite unusual for us. For my winter tablescape, I'm pairing these recent Christmas clearance bargains... 

milk glass and metallic winter tablescape

...with vintage china and vintage milk glass from Mexico called Termocrisa. If you look closely, you can see that both my burlap runner and napkins have metallic threads that pick up the gold accents of my dishes and flatware. 

milk glass and metallics winter tablescape

I've continued the milk glass and metallics theme with mercury glass candle votives and a hobnob pitcher filled with fresh roses. 

milk glass and metallics winter tablescape

I scored these sweet winter birds for $1 each at Hobby Lobby during their Christmas clearance sale. I bought the last three but would have gladly grabbed more if they were available! 

milk glass and metallic winter tablescape

As I mentioned before, I use a lot of candles during the winter months. You may remember my DIY frosted candle holders I shared during the holidays. 

milk glass and metallics winter tablescape


Welcome winter mini blog hop

milk glass and metallic winter tablescape

For added coziness, I've also opted to keep my greenery, mini twinkle lights, and dried oranges. Stay tuned--I'll be sharing more of my cozy winter decor next week! 

milk glass and metallics winter tablescape

My Thrift Store Addiction

Milk glass and metallics winter tablescape

Next up is Jen from Midwest Life and Style and be sure to visit the rest of my talented friends for more lovely winter inspiration! 


Welcome Winter mini blog hop

HONORED TO BE FEATURED ON THESE LOVELY BLOGS!

Feature

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. What a beautiful table, Cecilia! I love the touches of metallic with the sparkle of the snowy frosted candles. And how wonderful that you had some real snow in Texas! Enjoy your weekend and thank you for hosting this lovely blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia, your table elements are as sweet as can be! Very inviting, I love the soft glow of mercury glass votives (I don't have any!), and those chickadees are the best little winter visitors. The Mexican milk glass gives off the perfect winter vibe with the geometrics on white with blue accents. Unbelievable that TX had the snow! I have family and friends who posted their pictures and children playing - it was a winter treat, especially for the little ones. Thanks so much for hosting this winter party. Like you, I am embracing it for what it is and making the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those milkglass plates with the aqua flowers, Cecilia. And love the combination with the gold; I would never have thought of that. Milkglass and gold is a wonderful pairing for winter, and those little chickadees are the cherry on top. Such a fun table to celebrate your snow this year! Thanks so much for hosting and bringing this wonderful group together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia your table is just beautiful! I hope to some day be able to sit down with you and just chat at one of your lovely tablescapes! Thanks for the inspiration and I love your Mercury glass! Happy Winter!

    Xoxo,
    Kelly
    TheTattered Pew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this table setting!!! The birds, candles, & flowers!! The perfect softness to follow a jolly Christmas! Thanks for putting this blog hop together!! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful table Cecilia! I love the vintage dishes and that hobnail pitcher! It's gorgeous! Thank you for hosting such a great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia your table is just beautiful! I'm not only inspired by your milk glass and mercury glass candle holders, but love that you're sharing your grandmother's holiday cookie recipe with us. Thank you for including me in this fabulous winter blog hop my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous, Cecilia. I love your milk glass and all of the pretty wintry details of your tablescape. So happy to join you for this fun winter tour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chickadees definitely say winter. Pretty setting and you have had more snow than NJ.

    Have a great weekend!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Cecilia, your winter tablescape is beautiful! I love all the vintage touches you've added including the place settings and the fabulous flocked trees too. It's all such a wonderful way to welcome winter into your home. Thanks so much for putting this blog hop together. It's been really inspiring, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks absolutely gorgeous! I love those sweet birds and your beautiful dishes. How exciting to have a bit of rare snow to inspire your magical winter scenes!

    Thank you so much for organizing this great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chickadees are the Maine State Bird so I always appreciate them! The metallics are so pretty with candles. We have rain/snow here today so I expect a lot of our snow to disappear or at least condense. And I love how you use your milk glass; I love using mine every chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your decor is beautiful and your table is so cozy. I love those little birds! I'm keeping (pinning) so I can come back after I find more plates. I love your plate wall too. Happy winter. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecelia,
    beautiful tablesacpe!! I think I have the same milk glass pitcher!!
    Thanks for sharing and thanks for taking the time to stop by!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!