Jadeite Batter Bowl: Friday's Find #243


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! A few months ago, I shared my first thrifted batter bowl find. Determined to stay true to my task of selling more than I keep, I listed the pretty milk glass bowl in my Etsy shop. You can only imagine how thrilled I was when I found this small jadeite batter bowl that matches the larger mixing bowl that came with my vintage 1940s stand mixer. Since the bottoms of these bowls aren't marked except for the occasional small number 6, you'll often see them identified as Fire-King. However, the slightly different shade of green is consistent with my marked pieces of McKee, manufactured in the 30s and 40s. Also, the glass is thicker and heavier than the Fire-King bowls I've collected. Regardless, this sweet little bowl is a keeper! 


vintage jadeite batter bowl


If this pair of vintage Corning mugs look familiar, it may be because I've had a set of three listed in my shop. I'm adding these to create a set of five and they are AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage corningware mugs


The transferware style state souvenir plates are among my favorites. I don't usually see Texas plates, but this week I found two. This one is AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage Texas souvenir plate


I also found this colorful gold rimmed style manufactured by Crown O Gold. AVAILABLE HERE!


vintage Texas souvenir plate


I went a little crazy when I saw these rustic mini crates at the Finds warehouse sale. Let's just say I got enough for a few of my own crafting and organization projects, plus some to sell too. Just imagine the possibilities--you'll be seeing these again soon! AVAILABLE HERE!


rustic wood crates


Last but not least, this little fairy pin stole my heart! She would be darling worn as intended or repurposed as decor. 


thrifted fairy pin


My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage jadeite batter bowl


Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Hi Cecilia ... you always find the best things. Love that jadeite bowl. Those little wooden boxes are so neat. I got a few (3) of them too. Anxious to see what you do with them.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! The Texas plates are awesome!! Oh that little angel pin is precious. The jadeite bowl is a keeper for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that you found! I found a small jadeite bowl and quickly sold it...darn! Sometimes you have to hold on to things to make sure you want to sell it ;-) That fairy pin is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, Cecilia. Wish I was closer to go thrifting with you!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorites are the jadeite batter bowl and the fairy pin. Are you holding on to the batter bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bowl is outstanding and the corning ware cups are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mini crates! They could be good for so many things.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear I never see Jadeite around these parts! That bowl is so cute! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all really nice finds. Love the fairy pin & crates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i bought a fire king jadeite batter bowl with a handle it is large for 10.00 2 or 3 other nice things we included for that feel a little guilty as she had no idea what she had.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Somehow I missed this post; I glad you link things back to the beginning! Love the pin. I am beginning to appreciate Jadeite!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!