Blush Pink Vintage Linen Ladder Upcycle


Happy Monday, Friends! This spring I've been taking inventory in my home, mostly considering what's working and what's not. I want my rooms to be beautiful and functional, which is why after recently painting my bedroom, I was inspired to rearrange and edit to create a floral inspired office nook. Soon I'll be sharing the rest of my bedroom refresh, but first I wanted to share one of my updated projects for the room... 


vintage linen ladder upcycle


Originally I repurposed this yard sale bunk bed ladder as a drying rack and later displayed it as festive Christmas decor. In my current rethinking mode, I decided to upcycle it, yet again. 


vintage linen ladder upcycle


This past Friday I shared some lovely vintage hankies and linens I scored thrifting. Since I often come across them during my thrifting adventures, I have gathered a beautiful collection and while I often display them around my home, I wanted a way to showcase them in my fresh "new" bedroom. So... I gave the ladder a coat of blush pink paint that I had on hand and shopped my home for the perfect linens to display. {See how to make vintage hankie hoops, here!


vintage linen ladder upcycle


If you already have a blanket ladder, this is a fun way to update it for the warmer months. I know some of you are still waiting on those warmer months! I arranged this sweet bluebird cross stitch on the first rung. It's one of my favorites, because it was a thoughtful gift from Jo, at Anne's Attic Design. Sweetheart that she is, she sent it to me after I admired it in one of her posts, not too long after we met through blogging. Aren't the friendships formed through blogging one of the best perks? 


vintage linen ladder upcycle


I took a little time to try different combinations from my thrifted collection of hankies, embroidered pillowcases, and runners until I was pleased with the finished results. If you're just beginning a collection, thrift stores, estate sales and yard sales are a great place to look first. Also, I've added to my inventory and have vintage linens and hankies available in my Etsy shop. This would be a fun way to display vintage aprons, too! 


vintage linen ladder upcycle


My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage linen ladder upcycle

Remember to join us for  the Vintage Charm party on Wednesday!

My Thrift Store Addiction Vintage Charm party


My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Awe, so very pretty! I love those precious makeovers you have done with the ladder. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your ladder turned out so pretty in pink. It is perfect for displaying your vintage linens. I found a chunky 3 rung ladder piece at the thrift store and I've been trying to think of a repurpose for it. I don't think it will work for small linens but maybe something larger. Funny thing is that it is already painted pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty way to display your treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those bluebirds. I always wonder who did the needlework when I see these:) Your ladder is a great idea for display.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so charming, Cecilia! I love bluebirds! The linens are all so pretty displayed on your ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!! Love the linens and what a great way to display them!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to showcase your linen collection. And I LOVE pink!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely! It's such a pretty display.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I am regretting selling the ladder I had for linens in my booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. My Polish grandmother and I both loved embroidered bluebirds and I have a cedramic one from her. I love how you display pretty linens; they deserve to do more than languish in a drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ladders! Ive made myself a few and use them for in differnt ways.
    Hubby says I have enough when I mention building another lol.
    Nice reading about the bluebird hankie and how you got it from a blogger friend.

    Your christmas ladder is simular to how I use most of mine,seasonal decor, but the hankies is very shabby chic romantic, and I may have to try to work one in somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty, you have great style and imagination to think of it #happynow@_karendenbis199@gmail

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!