A Rustic and Romantic Christmas: Creating Christmas Link Party


Happy Wednesday, Friends! Today I'm excited to be co-hosting the Creating Christmas link party! It's my third year to participate in the fun week long event hosted by Jann at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson. Each host of the day shares a different theme and then you can join in by sharing your related projects and decor, so be sure to check the daily links at the the end of my post. Yesterday, Carol from Art and Sand, delighted us with a Homemade Christmas. Today I'm layering naked greenery with vintage, handmade and repurposed thrift store finds to create a Rustic and Romantic Christmas....


rustic and romantic Christmas


When I came across this beautiful preserved greenery earlier this fall, I knew I wanted to feature it in my Christmas decor. I started by pairing it with a paler green faux eucalyptus to create simply elegant holiday chair decor. These have been on my dining chairs since before Thanksgiving and will be lovely through the new year. They honestly couldn't be easier to make! 


romantic holiday chair decor


Around the same time, I found this delicate handmade doily garland at a local church craft sale. I was so smitten with the rustic romance of the simple garland paired with the greenery that it became the inspiration for most of my Christmas decor. 


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


Now the funny thing is, at the time I hadn't heard anything about naked greenery, much less that it was the latest trend! I just knew the simplicity spoke to my heart and I was ready to create a rustic and romantic Christmas ;) Paired with the doily garland, I used it to adorn my mantel, adding candles and just a hint mercury glass. {See how to make this vintage farmhouse Christmas sign, here!


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


I also replaced the garden herbs from my rustic fall centerpiece with more of the festive holiday greenery. 


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


O come let us adore Him! 


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


Here's a view of the full dining room: 


Rustic romantic Christmas decor


I love seeing the reflection of the Christmas tree in the mirror on the right, here.


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


Speaking of the Christmas tree, the doily garland inspired my DIY vintage lace garland. I added some of my favorite vintage ornaments, but overall kept the tree trimming simpler this year.


Rustic romantic Christmas decor


The simplicity of rustic and romantic Christmas decor pairs as well with a traditional red and green color palette as it does with my nontraditional aqua and blush decor, seen here.


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


I simplified wrapping this year too. This is actually a sneak peek from my Christmas bedroom that I'll be sharing on Sunday--stay tuned!


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


My Thrift Store Addiction


rustic and romantic Christmas decor


Tomorrow Jann from Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson will share A Dish Addict's Christmas--for all of my fellow dishaholics out there ;)  Check out the other fun link parties this week: {SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM FOR TODAY'S LINK-UP!} 

Monday
Debby Goes Shabby  A Shabby Christmas

Tuesday

Wednesday
My Thrift Store Addiction  A Rustic & Romantic Christmas

Thursday
Have A Daily Cup Of Mrs Olson A Dish Addicts' Christmas

Friday
Let's Add Some Sprinkles A Nordic Christmas

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:












Would you like to comment?

  1. I love the way you've used the old doilies:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the preserved greenery? I think I missed that when reading the post about it. It all looks so pretty. I will link up later this morning. What fun Christmas link parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the greenery on your chairs Cecilia! Everything is just beautiful! And yes, what a lovely reflection in the mirror. I smiled when I heard that naked greenery was all the rage. I had used a lot of it on my Christmas porch. So glad to have you join us again this year!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity trend! I haven't heard of "naked greenery" either, but love the idea! Your space is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia, it's beautiful! The doily garland is so pretty... and I love the chalkboard stockings in the fireplace mantel! Thanks for hosting the party! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cecilia, the tour has been an amazing one. I love your lovely home it is so full of beautiful Christmas inspiration. Have an amazing Holiday Season!
    xoxo Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all so very pretty! Waiting for a last décor item so I can finish my rustic and romantic decorating and do a post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved it all, but was drawn to the lace draped on your tree. When I find a damaged crocheted dresser scarf with motifs, I buy it, carefully separate the motifs and have umpteen doilies for the dollhouse people! The holes are great as the wax you use to hold minis in place can go through the holes so the lamp and candy dish on the table aren't knocked over! Have visions of decoupaging some onto a lamp shade...some day! Or starching them for Christmas tree decor! Even retired, I don't have enough hours in my days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks so festive and pretty. Thanks for sharing the idea and for hosting this party. Merry, Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia

    Your tree is my favorite! Love the greenery also, everything is beautiful! So honored to be in this party with all you talented blogger's! Merry Christmas!

    Debby
    Debbgoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always, your decorating is lovely. I am especially smitten with the fireplace insert and the doily tree.
    Happy Holidays,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello I am so happy to join you today
    Your home all looks so pretty, the doily garland is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great idea for a party. It's all so pretty. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is all beautiful. I love the vintage doilies. Very romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, so festive and creative! Thanks so much for sharing and hosting too!
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cecelia,
    Since you said the posts could be either Rustic or Romantic, I lnked up a few of what I thought were Romantic posts.... I hope they are okay..Thanks for hosting!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for hosting this Christmas linky party Cecilia! I like the idea of simple greenery and decorating right now! It certainly makes life a little less frantic. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!