Romantic Picnic Tablescape Created with Vintage Yard Sale and Thrift Store Finds!


Hi there, Friends! Last week, I shared thrifty tips for styling your home for summer. Today I'm sending more thrifty beauty your way with my latest tablescape that was inspired by a recent yard sale find. The thing is, as I gathered the assortment of pretty pastels to set the table, I realized almost every treasured item was either a yard sale or thrift store find. I love it when that happens--don't you? 


romantic vintage picnic tablescape



In case you missed my last post on Friday, I was thrilled when I scored this gorgeous antique quilt and more vintage linens at a yard sale.


romantic picnic tablescape


Though this one is smaller than the last vintage quilt I found, it's in near perfect condition--no stains or holes and only a little fraying around the edges. I adore the colors and pattern, so much so, that it inspired my latest tablescape. I've mentioned before that these antique quilts put me in mind of the perfect picnic. While I set my table outdoors, the same theme could be created indoors just as easily. I started by centering the quilt on my large picnic table. 


romantic picnic tablescape


Next, I added my favorite upcycled picnic basket {which also happens to be a yard sale find} and a little bubbly! 


romantic vintage picnic tablescape


The vintage Hazel Atlas Moderntone pink plates, aqua chargers, and rosy stemware are all previously thrifted finds.


romantic vintage picnic tablescape


I found the copper handled flatware at Ross, years ago and the quilt scraps I used to bundle it, were--you guessed it--scored at a yard sale.


romantic vintage picnic tablescape


You've probably noticed, I try to include herbs in all of my tablescapes. This time I used mini lavender bundles to complement the pastel color palette. 


romantic vintage picnic tablescape


Every table needs some fresh flowers, so I gathered some garden roses and arranged them in my collection of aqua bottles. 


romantic vintage picnic tablescape


The vintage tablescape turned out quite romantic. 


romantic vintage picnic tablescape


If you were here, we'd toast to friendship...and creating beauty with bargains! ;) 


romantic vintage picnic tablescape



My Thrift Store Addiction



romantic vintage picnic tablescape


My Thrift Store Addiction signature


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:






Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. I really enjoyed this post. Everything went together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That table and garden setting are so inviting. I wish that I lived closer to enjoy it with you...and some bargain shopping too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, it is loads of fun to bring together thrify finds into a beautiful tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so charming, Cecilia! The quilt was a fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! That quilt is the perfect base for a lovely table setting. I love that you kept it simple so the beauty of each element is highlighted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, so much imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I'd be scared to death someone would have a spill though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tablescape. I love how everything blends together like a beautiful impressionist painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon is absolutely right; you've got Monet's pastels and his sunshine! I love impressionists but especially Monet because of the quality of serenity that his sunshine filled pictures have; you captured that perfectly! The flowers are low enough that you are not trying to talk through a jungle of a large arrangement. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love an old quilt as a tablecloth! I would use one on my table everyday but fear the men in my house would not see the value of it and not be careful! Very pretty tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous quilt! Great find! I love the color of your picnic basket....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so lovely! I like the idea of using a quilt as a table cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That looks wonderful! I love the quilt as a tablecloth. I'd happily sit there and toast our friendship and bargain hunting. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty. I like to use quilts on the table too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you decorated your outdoor table so pretty with the quilt.
    Thanks for sharing at C&C with J&J.
    Enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always forget that quilts make very beautiful tablecloths. What a pretty summer spread!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is an inviting picnic! Thanks for sharing at the Pleasures of the NW DIY party - and thanks for being a part of the fun since the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So lovely for a lazy, leisurely summer evening.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done! This is so cute! #happynowlinkup

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pink and aqua - my favorite colors! Your tablescape looks so romantic! Thanks for sharing at Sew It Cook It Craft It.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful colors!Love the pretty quilt and the basket is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!