Friday's Find: Spring Inspiration!

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! If you're like me and spring is on your mind, today's fabulous finds are sure to inspire...

Vintage thrift store finds

My maternal grandmother, Mo-maw was fond of the expression "spring chicken"--usually to say she was not one! I heard this expression so much as a child that it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this sassy chick.  I think he's awfully cute and he's already found a place in my kitchen. 

Vintage chicken planter

I get really excited when I find pastel and brown transferware for my wall display--yay! I'll have these lovelies hanging up in no time!

Vintage brown transferware plates

I can always use more eggs for spring vignettes--especially when the bag was .25! Originally I thought I would paint these a robin's egg shade like my others, but the rosy hues have grown on me.

Thrift store eggs

These little bristle animals are so popular right now.  I've seen similar ones at Pier One and World Market, so I was thrilled to find this little guy on my weekly thrifting jaunt! 

Thrift store finds of the week

Of course, I can always use another aqua plate for my Vintage collection--wink, wink! 

Vintage aqua plate

Until next time, happy hunting! 




You may also enjoy:


China cabinet organization


Thrift store finds of the week





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Looks like "Spring has sprung" at your house. Great finds. Love the color of the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those plates! I have some but no where to hang them on the wall.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rabbit and the chick is adorable. The eggs were a bargin! I like their rosy color too. And I have a plate collection too! Actually have a couple of brown transferware similar to those. Great finds, Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia I really love the plates that you found, I'm a dish junky what can I say! You really have some great finds dear friend. Have a lovely weekend. :) hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! The bunny is just adorable and I have seen them out and about. Not sure how to tell if they are vintage or not because I think even the $1 store has them! I love them just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! pretty dishes! And the rose colored eggs are pretty too. I'm behind... so thank God it's Tuesday???? that just doesn't have the same ring to it LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!