Happy Tuesday, Friends! Today I'm delighted to join the Welcome Fall Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by my sweet friend Rita from Panoply with assistance from our thoughtful friend Mary from Home is Where the Boat Is. The color palette for my autumn table was inspired by a recent yard sale find--a set of lovely vintage Harvest Time plates

Did you hop over after visiting Linda from Life and Linda? Isn't her Cinderella-themed fall table enchanting? You may remember my thrifted vintage transferware plate collection that is displayed year round on my dining room wall.

You'll notice these pretty Johnson Bros Harvest Time plates that I scored at a yard sale will make a lovely addition to my collected gallery wall but first, I wanted to feature them in today's fall table setting.

I created a layered plate stack using more thrifted pieces from my collection: pink Hazel-Atlas Glass and Johnson Bros Friendly Village, pairing them with French Arcorco pink Depression Glass stemware.

A vintage transferware creamer makes the perfect vessel for a garden fresh arrangement of zinnia, lamb's ear, and mint.

The blush velvet runner was a previous estate sale find.

An assortment of my handmade velvet pumpkins, wood fiber flowers, and natural accents from the garden on a clearance glass cake plate stand creates a simply elegant centerpiece.


Here's a bird's-eye view...

...and a peek of my dining room chandy decked out for the season.

Tiny blush pink pumpkins are clipped on for a touch of whimsy.

I'll leave you with a candle-light view.



Next up is Ricki Jill from The Bookish Dilettante. I can't wait to see her charming table setting! Remember to scroll down to visit the rest of today's featured bloggers below.

Everyday Living - Welcoming Autumn, My Favorite Season!
Hyacinths for the Soul - Rocky Mountain Vibes ~ Welcome Autumn Tablescape
The Cat's Whiskerz - Transitioning into Fall with Pumpkins and Pomegranates
Me and My Captain - Autumn! Kansas Fowl And The Milo Fields!
Life and Linda - Cinderella - A Table Fit For A Princess
My Thrift Store Addiction - Vintage Harvest Time - Thrifted Autumn Table Setting
The Bookish Dilettante - Welcome Fall Tablescape: Plum Assignment
Mantel and Table - A Beautiful Fall Table Setting to Welcome the Season
Thrifting Wonderland - Celebrate Autumn with a Cozy Fall Tablescape
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Autumn Table in Hues of Brown
Dinner at Eight - Colorful Orchard Tablesetting Celebrates Fall's Arrival
Pandora's Box - Fall is for Football
Red Cottage Chronicles - Fall Tablescape Ideas: Nancy Meyers meets English Cottage













Cecelia, I am so enamored with your Johnson Brother's Harvest Time plates. I would love to find some for my table. Great yard sale score!!!! The soft pink and blue set off the design beautifully, and your pumpkin center piece really pulls in the harvest theme. Lovely autumn table. Happy September!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for your kind comments, Sarah! Happy hunting for your Harvest Time plates!
DeleteHi Cecilia, I love the Johnson Brothers Harvest Time salad plates! Pairing it with the pink dinner plates is perfect. I have six place settings of the Harvest Time that I purchased years ago from an antique mall and I always pull them out fall for fall.The addition of your handmade velvet pumpkins, velvet runner, and pink depression glassware come together for a charming autumn table. Your chandy is the icing on the cake! Happy September!
ReplyDeletePam @ Everyday Living
Thank you, Pam! I'm sure the complete place settings are a lovely addition to your table!
DeleteCecilia I gasped when I saw your pretty plate stack which included the Hazel Atlas pink plates as I have them in the blue as well as the pink and I love them. I have the cups and saucers too...do you have more pieces? What a great find on the Johnson Brothers Harvest Time salad plates! They will look so nice with your dining room wall collection. I'm sure you are anxious to get them positioned on your wall. I also like how you decorated your chandy...simple but elegant. I also like your handmade velvet pumpkins and the way you arranged them down the center of your table. I would love to sit at your table and hear your stories of thrifting and finding such treasures. Have a wonderful week...blessings always. Kari @ Me and My Captain
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kari! Re: the Hazel Atlas, I have several mismatched creamers but the plates are the only pink pieces. I'm glad you like the chandy decorations--it's fun to play dress up for the seasons!
DeleteThis is absolutely delightful! I adore the colors and your pumpkins are beautiful (I also make velvet pumpkins, but not in this color scheme). The dishes were a great find! I like the way you decorated the chandelier, too! Happy Fall
ReplyDeleteThank you, Patti! Aren't the velvet pumpkins fun?
DeleteCecelia, I love the charm of these vintage and thrifted autumn place settings! The mix of the pretty Harvest Time plates with the soft pink dinner plate, plaid napkins, and little touches of fall at each setting feels so warm and inviting. The handmade pumpkins really bring that cozy charm. I especially love how the vintage pieces give the table that collected-over-time feeling—it’s perfect for a cozy harvest gathering.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Maureen!
DeleteI love the colors on your table! The blush velvet runner with the pumpkins: chef's kiss! And I'm glad you used the pretty Johnson Bros Harvest Time plates for your tablescape before placing them on your gallery wall. (I love your gallery wall, by the way....) I also love your sweet little arrangement in your transferware creamer, and the chandy is fabulous! Happy fall!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ricki! Your chef's kiss made me smile ;)
DeleteOh my Cecilia, what a beautifully thrifted table. Those Johnson Brothers plates were a great find and look fabulous on your table and will look so on your gorgeous wall. I love the flatware tied with the pretty ribbon and the pink Hazel glass plates and Johnson Brothers Friendly Village plates make for a wonderful plate stack. The centerpiece of pumpkins and flowers is so pretty and that table runner is gorgeous. Love the chandy. So great hopping with you and wishing you and happy fall.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kim, and happy fall to you, too!
DeleteHi Cecelia, love that you are setting your table with thrifted finds. The Johnson Bros. plates were a great find. The combination of vintage plates and plush velvet works well in your setting. Such soft, pretty colors.
ReplyDeleteLynne, Thrifting Wonderland
Thanks so much, Lynne!
DeleteCecilia! These are my colors! This tablescape is so beautiful in the soft pastels that you're using. The Johnson Brothers Harvest in between the Hazel Atlas and the use of the Friendly Village as your base just really makes a nice plate stack. I like how pink can often appear to look like coral or, as James Farmer would say, Carl. He always says that's how his Mama said it. Once again, my friend, you do a fabulous job with your thrifted finds. Thanks for joining the blog hop and Happy September to you!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rita! I had to laugh at your "Carl" comment, lol. I hope you got your stitches removed and I so appreciate you as our hostess--I know it was particularly challenging this month. Happy September to you as well, Friend!
DeleteYou have so many beautiful vintage pieces in your collection. I have been looking for similar plates, but yowza, some are over $20 for a small dessert plate. I remember the good old days when I could grab them for 2 bucks!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kim! I hear you--I was thrilled to find these at a yard sale at $2 for the set since my local thrift stores have really increased prices lately.
DeleteCecilia I love your plate wall! How pretty with the brown and rose colors! And how fun that you found these at a yard sale! I need to go out thrifting more often. I love the blush velvet and glassware too – such beautiful colors adding to your brown and rose. And that overhead shot – be still my heart! It’s always so nice to hop with you! Hope you have a lovely fall.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Barbara. I'm really glad you stopped by ;)
DeleteCecilia, your new thrifted plates are such a great addition to all of the beautiful plates you have on your gorgeous plate wall!! I am so glad you graced us with a table using them first! I love the combination of the peachy/pinky with the brown!! Such a pretty table! I think the velvet pumpkins were a nice way to compliment your placesetting but the velvet ribbon bows are what send me over the top!! I love those!! The fresh garden arrangement in the creamer is such a wonderful addition, as well!! I hope you have a beautiful fall season! 🍄🟫🍁🍂
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ann! As you can probably tell, I am a little obsessed with velvet! ;)
DeleteCecilia, the Johnson Brothers Harvest Time salad plates are lovely. Love the overhead shot. Your handmade pumpkins are so pretty. The wall of plates is lovely. I am happy to feature your pretty fall table at Love Your Creativity.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the feature, Linda! I'll visit the party today!
DeleteCecilia, I absolutely LOVE that runner - gorgeous! Ad of course the table is gorgeous as well. I am so jealous of your plate wall - I've aspired to make one for years. At this point I'll be waiting until we finally downsize to our forever home to try it. xo Kathleen
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kathleen. As a collector, I must confess that the plate wall is one of my favorite decor features!
DeleteCecilia, I love the hints of color in your Harvest Time plates, just enough to coordinate with that beautiful table runner. The pink plates, cake stand and stemware complement the plates prettily. The soft textures of the velvet pumpkins add to the subtle warmth of the runner. Altogether a lovely intro to fall! Happy September
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Sandra!
Delete