Worn Out Wicker Becomes Unique Garden Trellis

Happy Monday, Friends! The wear and tear on garden furniture and decor after our long hot Texas summers can be brutal. Since tomorrow is officially the first day of fall, I'm sharing a fun way to salvage worn out wicker by repurposing it as a unique garden trellis to enjoy any season

Repurposed Wicker Garden Trellis

I originally scored this vintage wicker settee at a yard sale for $20 over 15 years ago. Since then, it's been painted and repainted and survived hail storms and a twister. Although I definitely got my money's worth and it has served me well, the worn wicker is not sturdy enough for sitting on anymore. 

Repurposed Wicker Garden Trellis

Y'all know I am a big fan of reusing worn pieces so I decided to repurpose it to create a unique trellis. I'm really loving its enchanted vibe in my Secret Garden. What do you think? 

Repurposed Wicker Garden Trellis

Here's a quick before and after since April--after a good cleaning, I began guiding the honeysuckle to grow through the wicker and since the vine grows year-round here, it will continue to fill in. 

Repurposed Wicker Garden Trellis

My Thrift Store Addiction

Repurposed Wicker Garden Trellis
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!