How to Crochet a Spider Web

Happy Monday, Friends! I'll be participating in another seasonal tablescape next week and today I'm sharing the spider web I crocheted that I plan to feature at my whimsical table. Check out my pattern--it only requires three different stitches

How to crochet a spider web

Start by chain stitching (CS) 4 to create a ring and then slip stitch (SL-S) to close. Next, alternate double crochet (DC) followed by 2 CS inside the ring, repeating the pattern until you have 4 DC. Then, create a pattern of rows with graduated space in between by adding 2 CS to each row until you reach the desired web size. (See the example below.) Last, finish off your stitch allowing a tail for hanging if desired.

Example: Row 1* 2 CS Row 2*4 CS Row 3*6 CS, Row 4*8 CS,Row 5*10 CS, Row 6*12 CS, Row 7*14 CS, etc. 

How to crochet a spider web

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

How to crochet a spider web

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join me on Oct 6 for more tablescape inspiration! 


My Thrift Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!