Embroidered Cottage Tea Cozy: Friday's Find #353

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends!  One of the things I love most about thrifting is finding unique items like this vintage embroidered tea cozy. Doesn't it remind you of a charming English cottage?

vintage tea cozy

It is beautifully made, and since it was my only find this this week, I'm going to  share several images  so you can see just how ornate the embroidery and other details are! I love how the artisan achieved realistic representations by embroidering different types of flowers at different heights, and look at the lace "curtains" in the windows! 

embroidered tea cozy

The front door features a tiny doorknob, knocker, and even an embroidered door mat. 

vintage tea cozy

Did you notice the blanket-stitched chimney? No details were spared on the back of the cozy either. 

vintage cottage tea cozy

Here's a closer peek at the hen and her chicks! 

embroidered tea cozy

Even the ends of the cozy feature lovely embroidery! 

vintage tea cozy

Until next time, stay safe, happy hunting, and have a lovely Mother's Day weekend! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Would you like to comment?

  1. That is super sweet. I' so glad you rescued that! Happy Mother's Day weekend, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable! I love it! Wonder what the base material is made of? Those of us who used to do embroidery, can appreciate all that attention to detail. That's a wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable Cecelia. It is the perfect cottage cozy. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's just too darling for words!! Too bad they didn't make that in my size, I could totally live there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I have a vintage teapot/sugarer/creamer that it would just go with. I love embroidery and enjoyed looking at the different stitches used. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Back in the day I used to use a tea cozy (before kids, when I would actually brew a pot of tea for myself). Perhaps I need to start doing that again! Happy Mother's Day! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my golly, that is adorable and I would soooooo try and make that into a purse! Wowza, what a great find! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!