Nature Inspired Mantel: Transitioning from Summer to Fall Home Tours


Hi there, Friends! Welcome to the Transitioning from Summer to Fall Home Tours! If you just visited Linda at Itsy Bits and Pieces, I know you were inspired by her charming ideas. Maybe you're like me and live in a warm climate where summer temperatures may be expected for a few more months. Here in Texas, we won't see any pumpkins or mums until late October. I'll show you a few ways to add other nature-inspired accents to your decor that will transition nicely through the fall...


summer to fall home decor


When it comes to seasonal decor, I usually begin with my mantel, which is what I'll be sharing today.  One way I gently transition into fall is by adding accents from nature, creating layers of warm colors and textures. In the center of the mantel, a whimsical vintage squirrel guards a galvanized tub of apples. 


summer to fall home decor


Nubby burlap is one of my favorite fall textures. Since real pumpkins won't be available for some time, a burlap pumpkin adds charm. {See how to upcycle dollar store pumpkins, here!Bouquets of fragrant lavender and dried wheat flank the thrifted corbels I upcycled with chalk paint after I shared them last Friday. Vintage napkin rings are repurposed as tea light candle holders. 


summer to fall home decor


Simple and sweet! 


summer to fall home decor


On the gallery wall over the mantel hangs the galvanized pumpkin marquee light I bought on clearance at Hobby Lobby several years ago. Isn't it fun?


summer to fall home tours


Here's a view of the full mantel...


summer to fall home tours


...and a peek under the chandy!


summer to fall home tours


To the right of the fireplace is a blush colored wicker chair I recently moved from a bedroom. Love me some pillows! 


summer to fall home tours



My Thrift Store Addiction


summer to fall home tours


Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy the rest of the tour--next up is the always beautiful Botanic Bleu! Just click on the links at the bottom of the post to visit the other bloggers!


Summer to Fall home tours


My Thrift Store Addiction signature




party link




Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh your squirrel guards have captured my heart! What a fun fall tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia!! Love your Fall decor!! The burlap pumpkins are so cute!! And i love the color of your wicker chair!! It is peach, right????
    Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fall decor, Cecilia! We like so many of the same cozy things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel looks so pretty with the addition of pumpkins, wheat and apples. So perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many adorable treasures. Love that squirrel and his curious face. Everything looks so welcoming and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the collection of pillows on your chair by the fireplace! You have added all of those accents which make us think of fall to your mantel, including that little squirrel who better be collecting those acorns to see him through the long winter ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your fall accents are so pretty! You have a beautiful home! It has been so much fun touring with you! Enjoy your week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, love those squirrels! I also love using natural elements for sure. Can't believe I just redecorated one of MY mantels for fall! Love that pink chair. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. The squirrel is so cute sitting next to those apples, although he should be busy getting acorns soon for the Winter ;) So many cute things here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia, I adore those cute squirrels, and the bucket of apples is just perfect! swooning over that pink wicker chair as well. The pillows are beautiful!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your decor is so pretty, but your squirrels have stolen my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia,
    You always have great ideas of how to repurpose your thrifty finds. I would never have thought of using a napkin ring as a votive holder. So creative! And your upcycled burlap pumpkin is the cutest idea.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you put that pumpkin marquee light inside the frame, Cecilia! Totally sets it off and looks so much more interesting than just plain on the wall! Great way to make a big box store purchase look unique and vintage! Fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of all your treasures, I love the squirrels the most! I don't want to think about fall yet although I have started making some more thrifted cloth and knit pumpkins ($1 clothes from GW). Now to find some good dead sticks for stems!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you styled that wicker chair. I would love to toss Steve's leather chair and get a matching set of cool wicker chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love that galvanized pumpkin! The entire mantel is just so pretty for fall. You certainly have a knack for finding amazing treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cecilia, I just love using natural items in decor, and you did an amazing job with yours! And I agree with everyone else - that galvanized pumpkin
    rocks! So happy to be on the home tours with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all of your fall decor! The chair with all the pillows is just adorable. So happy to join you on this tour.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Cecilia you had me at lavender and wheat! And the squirrel. And the chair! And the pillows...and the repurposed napkin ring candle holders....I love it all! Thanks so much for joining the tour and sharing your beautiful ideas. Enjoy the rest of summer, and fall around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cecilia, that view from under the chandy captures the spirit perfectly! I love your upcycled Dollar Tree pumpkins, and the green apples. Your lavender is so nice and full. I just harvested a great bunch today myself. And your chair definitely cozies it up with the throw and pillows.
    Last year I bought my Farmer's Market real pumpkins around the 1st of September, but our fall was so long (and hot), they ended up rotting, one by one. This year I'll stay in step with Mother Nature's queues, and let it come naturally. Not quite as late as Texas, but somewhere in between. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cecilia I love what you have done to your mantle! I also love the addition of the chair and all of the pumpkins! SO perfect! Loved touring with you! Kelly @thetatteredpew

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your mantel is darling Cecilia. I love how you framed the metal pumpkin. And the squirrel is whimsical and adorable.

    It was fun joining you on this blog hop.

    Janet
    Rosemary & Thyme

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!