Friday's Find #171


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week. I found some real treasures--the kind I'm not likely to part with! Would you believe, I had just pinned these very dishes as ones to watch for when I found them the following day? Even better, I paid less than .50 for the two plates and cup! You'll be seeing more of these lovelies during the holidays. The pretty Christmas Holly Berry patterned milk glass was made in the sixties by Termocrisa, the brand manufactured in Mexico by Fire-King. Isn't it festive?


Termocrisa Holly Berry



Most of the local estate sales I attend post photos online in advance which is often how I decide if I will attend a sale. While this particular sale didn't show any photos that peaked my interest, it was being held in a charming old house in Comfort, which is about a 20 minute drive. It was really pretty weather, so I took my time and headed over. Don't you love the porch and gingerbread trim?


Comfort Texas



It was darling on the inside too and I would have snapped more photos had I not been pleasantly distracted by these jadeite dinner plates, which had not been in any of the sale photos! They seemed to be the last of a collection, as I saw several other pieces boxed and spoken for--fortunately none I would have chosen over the plates. I knew they wouldn't be there the second day, and they were obviously waiting just for me, so I snagged them.  It was a fabulous week for this dishaholic ;) 


estate sale jadeite



Another keeper, I love this Santa cup made in Japan and look at the attention to detail in his face.


Vintage Santa cup Japan



I have been gathering smalls for an upcoming project and this pair of kitties has been added to the assortment. 


Christmas small


Last, this little basket of realistic looking frosted pine caught my eye because it's just the right size to add to a small vignette.  


Christmas greenery



Pin it! My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage jadeite and termocrisa holly berry



Next week, I'll be participating in a Holiday Recipe Blog Hop hosted by Carol at Blue Sky Kitchen. I'll be sharing on Wednesday, plus there will be 18 other bloggers each sharing their favorite recipes just in time for the holidays, so make plans to join us! 


Holiday Recipe Blog Hop



Also, just a reminder Secret Garden Herbs  will be the Etsy shop featured by At Home with Jemma tomorrow. I hope you'll drop by and pay her a visit. Remember, the discount code to receive 20% off is JEMMASFEATURE!


Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature




party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Great finds, Cecilia! I still can't get over the really good finds in your area. I wish thrift stores here weren't so proud of their junk! Lol. Anyway love the holly berry plates, the nice Santa, and all. Can't wait to see what you do with the kittens!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas dishes and the cute little basket of greenery! Nice finds Cecilia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. Awe...love the white milk glass dishes with the Christmas on them! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the holly dishes! And of course a jadeite find is always good. I would definitely keep the Santa mug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finds each and every one. The jadeite plates would have made my day but so would the little Santa mug. I collect both. I found a set of four tea cups and saucers in the Fire King Christmas Holly Berry and I am taking them to to antique mall Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I collect the old Santa cups too, it's adorable! And I'm still on the lookout for jadeite, it's practically nonexistent here, except for some that's really expensive! You did great finding those plates! xoKathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your finds. I love it when just the right little Christmas items come my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you found the Jadeite plates. Sounds like you have lots of plans for Christmas decorating and finding just what you need to complete them. Anxious to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Victorian cottage! I would have went just for the tour! You found some cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the thought of a 20 minute drive to Comfort in nice weather headed to a garage/estate sale.
    Isn't life grand?

    L-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Christmas finds, Cecelia...especially the Santa mug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jadeite and not in a antique store for $12 a plate. What a find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finds...the jadeite & Christmas plates are lovely. Can't believe they hadn't photographed them!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!