DIY Doily L-O-V-E Banner

Happy Wednesday, Friends! Today I am sharing an easy DIY that is perfect for Valentine's Day or any occasion...

DIY doily l-o-v-e banner

I found this tag board banner on clearance at Michaels.  Whenever I see paper doilies at thrift stores or yard sales, I pick them up so I had these on hand. 

DIY doily l-o-v-e banner

I glued a doily on each piece of the banner.  Once they were dry, I trimmed around the scalloped edges and then threaded ribbon through the holes.  

DIY doily l-o-v-e banner

Finally, I used letter stickers to spell L-O-V-E.  Of course, you could personalize your banner to say whatever you like! 

DIY doily banner

After hanging the banner on my mirror, I added two pretty little embroidered linen doilies at each end.  They were recent thrifted finds and I thought they were a lovely finishing touch.   Thanks so much for stopping by! 

My Thrift Store Addiction



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


Embracing Change



You may also enjoy: 

Estate sale vintage linens


No sew oil cloth garden banner




Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. Really cute Cecilia. Love little doilies your added to the ends. So very creative.
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't the world be a better place with more doilies? :)
    Your banner is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on stealing this idea for my Valentine cards :>)}})

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet sign, I love doilies so fun to create with. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty, Cecilia! I feel the need to go thrifting today. Lol.

    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "love" it :) Very pretty, sweet Cecilia. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. What an easy idea that looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's SO pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is really a beautiful banner and perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love is definitely in the air with that banner. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks just beautiful! What a pretty idea! Happy Valentine's Day!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty Cecilia! I always pick up doilies at thrifts as well. They always come in handy! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother loved doilies. She used to have little tea parties with me and under every cup, plate, and pot would be doily. After her passing I had no idea what to do with the excess. Well, now I do. Your banner is lovely. Whenever I do a birthday party or baby shower I usually just buy a random banner from the store, but making a banner really personalizes it.

    Faye Fowler @ Master Copy Print

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!