Thrift Store Candle Sconce Becomes Pretty Plant Propagator

Happy Monday, Friends! If you enjoy bringing the outdoors inside and propagating your own plants or you are interested in learning how, check out this lovely way to display and propagate cuttings from your garden featuring thrifted decor and dollar store supplies

DIY Plant Propagator

I found this vintage style candle sconce at a thrift store ages ago. To create a similar look, all you need are cuttings from your garden, mini glass bottles from the dollar store and a candelabra or similar vessel that will double as pretty decor while your plant cuttings take root. As displayed in my photo, the mini bottles are the perfect swap for candles. However, you can root your cuttings in any shallow glass vase, bottle, or container of water. TIP: Herbs like rosemary, mint, and basil are some of the easiest plants to root and I've also successfully rooted English ivy. 

DIY Plant Propagator

Optional: A velvet bow creates a charming finishing touch for your pretty plant propagator. Here, you can see mine hanging above a vignette on my buffet. 

DIY Plant Propagator

My Thrift Store Addiction

DIY Plant propagator

You may also enjoy these plant-lovers' posts:

Crocheted Mini Hanging Planters

Rooted with Love Homegrown Gifts

I'd love to hear about what plants you've rooted and your favorite vessels for propagating in the comment section!
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!