How to Make Strawberry Top Vinaigrette

Happy Monday, Friends! Have you ever made strawberry vinegar using the very top of the berry that most people trim and toss? Today I'll show you how easy it is so you can create your own strawberry vinaigrette for salads and marinades

Strawberry top vinaigrette

To make the strawberry vinegar, add the strawberry tops you've trimmed to a jar, cover with vinegar, and allow to steep for at least 2 weeks. TIP: You don't need to start with a full jar--just keep adding trimmings and more vinegar.  

Strawberry top vinaigrette

After straining the strawberries, blend the following ingredients: 

1/4 cup homemade strawberry vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil 
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon dried lemon balm or mint

Strawberry top vinaigrette

My Thrift Store Addiction

How to make strawberry top vinaigrette
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!