Crochet a Cozy Chenille Steering Wheel Cover

Happy Tuesday, Friends and welcome to the Creative Craft Blog Hop! Today I'm sharing a chenille cover you can crochet for your steering wheel that's both cozy and thrifty since the yarn is from the dollar store. Follow along to make your own

Cozy crocheted steering wheel cover

If you hopped over after visiting this month's hostess Donna from Modern on Monticello, I'm so glad you're here! It's been a little over a year since I returned to the craft my grandmother taught me as a girl. In fact, you may remember the first crocheted craft I shared last August: Boho Chenille Daisies. You'll notice similar chenille daisies with embroidered centers on my cozy steering wheel cover. Don't forget to check your local Dollar Tree for a great price on this soft chenille yarn.  

Cozy crocheted steering wheel cover

A standard steering wheel has a 15" diameter. I would suggest using a strand of yarn to measure your steering wheel diameter before beginning. Start by crocheting a foundation of 13 chain stitches. Next, crochet one, turn, and half double crochet (HDC) in each previous stitch. Then, repeat for rows 3-80, adjusting for your steering wheel size and the yarn you use. Last, crochet the ends together and thread craft elastic through the cover so it stretches to fit your steering wheel. Optional: Hand stitch crocheted daisies if desired. 

Cozy crocheted steering wheel cover

Safety tip: The cover needs to fit snugly without blocking any of the airbag controls. 

Cozy crocheted steering wheel cover

Cozy crocheted steering wheel cover

Cozy Crocheted Steering Wheel Cover

Next up is Carol from Bluesky at Home, then enjoy visiting the rest of today's featured bloggers below: 

Crochet a Cozy Chenille Steering Wheel Cover

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!