Happy Monday, Friends! It's H.O.T. here in Texas so gardening during the month of August means making sure my flowers are watered daily and any trimming or weeding is complete by 10:00 a.m.--can you relate? Despite the heat, drought-tolerant blooms still bring me joy. Please join me for a late summer garden stroll

Remember the schefflera I scored on sale back in January? After it started to drop leaves, I moved it outdoors to my front entry steps and it is thriving! Below, lush sweet potato vine can take the heat and is right at home in this repurposed fountain planter.

I recently replaced my tired worn-out doormat--75% off at Hobby Lobby!

I have pots of lemon thyme just outside the front door for convenient clipping. Seems this Red Admiral butterfly enjoys it too!

Rosemary stays green through the winter here and blue sage blooms from spring through fall. Both are drought-tolerant staples that the deer don't bother. You can see how I gave this armillary sundial a glow up, here!

I'm thankful we had a wetter than usual summer and my pink heirloom roses loved it!

Pink and golden lantana are still flowering and this rosemary is decked out in blue blossoms.

The sunflowers are happy...

...as well as the zinnias and morning glory!

Would you believe that this huge rosemary grew from a one-gallon plant?! I love it when she wears her dress of blue blooms!

Where rosemary flourishes, the woman rules.
(Old English Proverb)
Fresh cut flowers are a gardener's best reward!



Tell me what's blooming in your garden!


















That is a truly beautiful rosemary bush!!
ReplyDelete