Repurposed Retro Letter Board Menu: Fridays at Home

Happy Friday, Friends! Today I'm sharing how I repurposed a previously thrifted old thimble display to create a retro style letter board menu. Come see how easy it is to make your own...

repurposed menu board

I scored this old wooden thimble display at a thrift store a few years ago. First: it needed a good wipe down.  Next: I gave it two coats of chalk paint. Last: I lightly distressed it with fine sand paper. 

repurposed vintage menu board

To use it as a letter board or menu, use scrabble letters to create the words you desire. Get creative for fun seasonal displays!

repurposed vintage menu board

You can also keep an eye out for retro letter board accessories like this Let's Eat I found on clearance. The letters aren't attached to the board, but they rest nicely on the small thimble display shelves. 

repurposed vintage menu board

My Thrift Store Addiction
repurposed menu board


Until next time, stay safe and healthy! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Enjoyed your letter board! Although coins fit nicely in these holes, I believe it is a thimble holder; only reason I'd know is that I had a friend who collected thimbles! Also good for littles like Wade figurines or minis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is!🤦‍♀️ Thanks Kathy--chalk it up to pandemic on the brain! I appreciate all your sweet comments.

      Delete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!