Vintage Graduation

Hello Friends! My children inherited my love for Vintage finds and when Favorite Son was graduating and asked for a "retro" Polaroid and typewriter, I was quite the proud parent. With only a month to spare, there were no guarantees but I assured him I would do my best. The hunt was on...


Vintage Graduation Party


I found the Polaroid still in its original packaging at an estate sale and learned from my tech savvy brother that I could buy film online, which I promptly ordered. After watching a YouTube video on how to load the film (!) I was thrilled to hear the distinctive sound of the test photo popping out. It worked! Now for the typewriter... 
As a writer, I love old typewriters! I love the appearance of the old keys, the sound of their rhythmic clicking, and even their quaint carrying cases. After searching several thrift stores in vain, I finally found one at a yard sale. It was a 1950s Remington beauty and the gentleman who sold it to me informed me that he used it in his high school typing class! I knew FS would get a kick out of this! Since he requested "retro" gifts, I thought it would be fun to style the party in the same theme. I used blue fabric to cover a card table I had also picked up thrifting, and added a runner of chalk board fabric. The typewriter case served as the perfect card basket. As a finishing touch, I displayed black and white childhood photos of my boy, even hanging some from trees.


Vintage Graduation Party
Proud Mom with the Graduate! 




My Thrift Store Addiction
 



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:

                                                      JUNKINLOGO2211111





Party link




Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!