Thrifted, Refreshed, and Styled: Fabulous Find 431

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! I bet many of you are like me and have been styling your thrift store bargains years before the thrifted vs styled trend became popular. Today I'll show you how I refreshed a thrift store dough bowl that had seen better days...and then how I styled it

thrift store dough bowl refreshed and styled

Although the wooden piece was in otherwise great condition, the patina was rough and bleached as if someone may have run it through the dishwasher. As I suspected, all this dough bowl needed was a little love--would you be surprised that all I did was rub it with mineral oil? Here's a quick before and after: 

thrift store dough bowl refreshed and styled

First, I used a cotton cloth to generously apply mineral oil, working from the back to the front. The thirsty wood soaked up the oil and I love the appearance of the warmer patina. Last, I kept the styling naturally simple: fresh rosemary sprigs from the garden, oven-dried oranges, several wood fiber flowers, and a few acorns. Voila--that's all there is to it!

thrift store dough bowl refreshed and styled

My Thrift Store Addiction

thrift store dough bowl refreshed and styled
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!