Vintage Milk Glass: Friday's Find #207


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Ready to see the fabulous thrift store finds of the week? Today it's all about vintage milk glass. Given my fondness for repurposing vintage vessels as bud vases, I couldn't wait to add blooms to this set of milk glass spice bottles...


vintage milk glass


Here's the same set, facing front with their lids. To get the look pictured above, simply turn the label side to face the back and remove the lids. Just be sure to check for any lingering spices before you add water and herbs or flowers.  Available


vintage milk glass spice bottles


In the set of six bottles, four of them still have their original labels. 


vintage milk glass bottles


Some of the labels are a little more worn than others. The same is true of the lids.


vintage milk glass spice bottles


Overall, the set is in very good condition. The bottoms and insides of the bottles are spotless and there are no chips on any of them. I'm more than happy to keep this pretty set on display until they sell ;) Available


vintage milk glass spice jars


I also found this single bottle in a different style. It's similar to a jadeite jar I have. This one still has the garlic salt which hasn't lost it's potent fragrance! It'll be getting a good cleaning. Don't you love the old label? 


vintage milk glass


Here's how the other sides look. 


vintage milk glass



Last but not least, a pretty hobnail vase and an unusual Oneida perfume decanter. I love the intricate raised design. The neck and stopper appear to be milk glass but the rest of the bottle has a frosted overlay. It still has the Oneida Crystal seal on the bottom but I couldn't find anything like it online, though I did come across some of their black crystal decanters. If anyone has any info on it, I'd love to know! 


vintage milk glass



My Thrift Store Addiction


vintage milk glass at thriftstoreaddiction.etsy.com



Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Those are lovely finds!! I have a serious addiction to milk glass. I can't stop myself when I find it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great finds! I've never seen spice bottles before. What a great set. Love the decanter. I'm curious about it as well.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love milk glass and these are wonderful finds. I have seen the spice jars before but not the little decanter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your beautiful milk glass finds at Snickerdoodle.

      Delete
  4. Cecelia,
    I had to chuckle when I saw this post. My next post will feature a shelf in my Kitchen where I have a bunch of vintage and vintage reproduction things displayed. I recently received a set of vintage glass spice bottles with similar labels to the ones that are on the stunning milk glass ones you showcase here. I added mine to this shelf. I also have the same ones that you shared and I hope to use them to make snow men for the Holidays out of. I also received a few milk glass pieces from the same neighbor including a beautiful bowl and candlestick which I will be sharing a bit later on. We do have similar tastes!! LOL!! Great finds!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They create such a vintage feel for a kitchen. I have been finding a lot of milk glass lately and am so tempted to keep it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those spice bottles are absolutely fabulous. The way you have them displayed is outstanding. Such a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure glad you all don't live in Maine, caz there'd be no milk glass left for me! Your garlic salt bottle is a part of a set of 10-12 spice bottles on a 2 tier rack. In Maine, they go for $55-90 which is why I don't own one yet! Often the lids and rack are red; I don't think I've seen yellow before. I have never seen the decanter. I love to spend $5-7 on my pieces. but I do splurge now and again. Got a 1890's looking candy jar(?) with lid last for $6 at GW. I don't care for the "skim mik" looking stuff--often cheap unless it's got opalescence to it--the old stuff! Hard to beat Fenton, Westmoreland, and Imperial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You clever girl, Cecilia. I love them.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milk glass is getting harder to find, love your ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that tall garlic salt container! Great finds Cecilia! I have seen the spice jars before...still nice though. I like Debbie's idea of making snowmen out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love milk glass!
    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are fantastic finds, those spice jars are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds!

    -Priyam. Visiting you from http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!